Oz woman survives six-storey car park plungeApril 4th, 2011 - 1:38 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Apr 4 (ANI): A woman miraculously survived after her car plunged six storeys off a Melbourne carpark.
The silver station wagon crashed from the sixth level of the car park just before 9am and fell into Anthony Lane, off Anthony Street, between Elizabeth and Queen streets.
“There wasn’t just one crash, there was a series of them,” the Age quoted a local resident, Michael Rockefeller, as saying.
“It sounded like a truck crashing,” he said.
The car landed wedged at ground level between the walls of the car park and another building, its wheels jutting into the lane. It was badly damaged.
The driver was freed about 30 minutes later after a desperate effort by firefighters and paramedics to cut her from the wreck.
The car hit the sides of neighbouring buildings on its way down, which police and fire crews believe may have saved her life.
Ambulance Victoria spokesman Paul Bentley said the woman suffered a serious cut to the top of her head, and was taken to the Royal Melbourne Hospital in a stable condition.
But he said the woman, thought to be in her 40s, was “incredibly lucky” not to have suffered more serious injuries.
“Paramedics had to squeeze in between walls and the car to get to the woman to start treating her while she was in the car,” Bentley added. (ANI)
- Australian cops hunt Asians for bashing youth - Aug 05, 2010
- Oz woman survives after being run over by car twice - Nov 25, 2010
- Australian woman run over by own car - twice - Nov 25, 2010
- Foreign couple survive 150m-cliff fall Down Under - Aug 05, 2010
- Brendan Cole involved in Silverstone car crash - Jul 23, 2012
- New Zealand teen survives fall from 16th floor - Jul 26, 2010
- Meet the NZ teen who survived16-storey fall from apartment - Jul 26, 2010
- Chivalrous Macca 'helps woman with wedged car' - May 06, 2009
- Elderly man trying to park his car rams into restaurant - Mar 04, 2011
- Oz woman survives 13-metre balcony plunge with minor injuries - May 27, 2010
- Longoria settles car crash lawsuit outside court - Aug 08, 2012
- Passengers of crashed aircraft walk to safety - Feb 09, 2011
- New Zealand earthquake survivor trapped in 'foetal position' marries - Feb 25, 2011
- Longoria faces another minor car crash - Mar 19, 2012
- Woman survives 5th floor fall - Jul 22, 2011
Tags: 30 minutes, 40s, 9am, ambulance victoria, bentley, car park, carpark, desperate effort, fire crews, firefighters, michael rockefeller, neighbouring buildings, paramedics, plunge, queen streets, royal melbourne hospital, spokesman, stable condition, station wagon, storeys