Oz woman gets tattoo to land Best Job in the WorldJanuary 15th, 2009 - 3:23 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 15 (ANI): Desperate win the “Best Job in the World”, thousands of jobseekers are seen bragging, begging, singing, and even getting tattooed to become Great Barrier Reefs new caretaker.
A Queensland woman has tattooed a permanent advertisement for Hamilton island on her arm, to win the 150,000 dollars dream job.
More than 2000 jobseekers have applied for the dream job by Tourism Queensland, reports News.com.au
People from Mongolia, Romania, Turkey, Brazil and the Vatican are being seen bragging, begging, and singing in their 60-second video clips uploaded on the website.
A Greek woman promises to do laundry for every Australian if she gets the job, while the Australian womans clips shows her visiting a tattoo parlour to get a 10cm tattoo on her arm, proving her love for the reef.
A Swiss Olympian, 48-year-old ex-British Army session commander and Italian doctor are also keen for the job.
It is expected that more than 10,000 will have applied by February 22, the last date for submitting the applications.
The six-month stint will require the successful applicant to explore neighbouring islands, swim, snorkel, discover wildlife, and the locals. (ANI)
- Over 9000 people from 162 countries in race for Best Job in the World - Jan 29, 2009
- Applicants swamp island site for Australia's dream job - Jan 14, 2009
- Great Barrier Reef ''dream job'' not fake, assures Tourism Queensland - Jan 20, 2009
- Australia's best job draws 34,684 applicants - Feb 23, 2009
- Oz woman, 60, survives shark attack by 'punching, punching, punching'! - Feb 15, 2010
- Osama bin Laden applies for Best Job in the World! - Feb 04, 2009
- Heidi Klum pole dances in new video - May 26, 2012
- Hot 50 for Australia's top job named - Mar 03, 2009
- Kylie sports grungy look in new film - Jul 10, 2012
- Taiwanese candidate hot favourite for 'best job in the world' - May 01, 2009
- 'Best Job in the World' winner now off on 'Best Expedition in the World' - Nov 11, 2010
- Only 50 remain in fray for Australia's dream job - Feb 27, 2009
- Oz tourism deptt. offers $150000 adventurous Island Caretakers job - Jan 12, 2009
- 35000 people apply for Best Job in the World Down Under - Feb 23, 2009
- Australia throws spanner in GVK's $6.4-bn coal mine project - Jun 05, 2012
Tags: british army, caretaker, dream job, february 22, great barrier reefs, greek woman, hamilton island, italian doctor, jobseekers, last date, locals, london jan, neighbouring islands, news com au, reef, stint, tattoo parlour, tourism queensland, world london, world thousands