Oz woman blames sex with 9-yr-old son on medicationOctober 7th, 2010 - 5:50 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Oct 7 (ANI): An Australian woman, who had sex with her nine-year-old son, has blamed a “cocktail of medication” as being the cause of her incestuous behaviour.
At Sydney’s Downing Centre District Court, the woman, 48, along with her 57-year-old husband pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting the boy.
The woman’s lawyer Alex Morris cited a doctor’s report that said his client suffered from a dependent personality disorder and referred to a “cocktail of medication to explain why she committed the offences”.
“In the report (the doctor) refers to her describing herself feeling disgusted with herself and she realises she should have gone to the police but she didn’t,” News.com.au quoted Morris as saying.
But crown prosecutor Craig Everson said there was no evidence before the court to show the woman was taking any medication at the time of the offences.
Everson conceded that the woman played a less significant role in the offending than her husband, who was “the instigator of the dysfunctional family unit”.
The couple, who cannot be named for legal reasons, are facing sentencing for the offences against their son, which occurred between January and November 2009.
The court was told that the woman has begun divorce proceeding against her husband and that she “wants to have nothing to do with him”.
She has pleaded guilty to sexual intercourse with her son and two counts of committing an act of indecency.
The man pleaded guilty to two counts of sexual intercourse with his son, two counts of committing an indecent act, using the nine-year-old for child pornographic purposes, indecently assaulting his son, possessing child pornography and using the internet to offend.
“There has been irreparable damage done to this young boy,” Emerson added.
Judge Peter Garling adjourned the matter for sentence on October 15. (ANI)
- Oz woman pleads guilty to having sex with her son, 9 - May 27, 2010
- Oz school mistress jailed for 5 years for sexually abusing boys - Mar 24, 2011
- Oz school house mistress says she gave sex education to abused boys - Dec 02, 2010
- Oz school housemistress guilty of sex with underage boys - Dec 10, 2010
- School mistress in Oz offered boys aged 11-12 oral sex - Mar 21, 2011
- Pizza delivery man in Australia had sex with 14-year-old girl for 9 months - Feb 17, 2011
- 29-year-old Indian national jailed in Australia for sexual assault of a minor girl - May 31, 2010
- School mistress says she gave sex education to abused boys - Dec 02, 2010
- Oz couple jailed for sex with 9-year-old son - Oct 15, 2010
- Oz man who raped lesbian told her she "had not met the best man yet" - Oct 26, 2010
- Woman jailed for filming kids undress for lover - May 01, 2012
- Oz couple 'accused of posting sex assaults with son online' - Nov 17, 2009
- Four Oz boys aged 11 to 14 charged with sexual assault - Mar 24, 2011
- Indian jailed in Australia for sexually abusing children - May 31, 2010
- Teen brothers convicted of sexually assaulting six-year-old sister - Jun 25, 2010
Tags: australian woman, child pornography, cocktail, craig, crown prosecutor, dependent personality disorder, downing centre, dysfunctional family, emerson, garling, indecency, indecent act, instigator, irreparable damage, medication, melbourne, news com au, oct 7, sexual intercourse, t news