Oz tourism deptt. offers $150000 adventurous Island Caretakers jobJanuary 12th, 2009 - 3:06 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 12 (ANI): Here is a golden chance to make 150,000 dollars in just six months, for which all one needs to do is to become the caretaker of the Great Barrier Reef and explore the crannies, both on land and underwater.
Queensland Tourism is offering an opportunity to work as the caretaker on Hamilton Island of the Great Barrier Reef with such a handsome salary.
Caretaking duties will not include litter-picking and sieving leaves and other detritus from the pool. The work would instead be more adventurous.
Island bosses insist that the eventual incumbent will be paid to explore the crannies both on land and underwater of 600 islands, and report back through a fortnightly Internet diary with photos and video.
The successful candidate will also get a rent-free 5m Australian dollars villa situated 80 metres up the ravine, overlooking the narrow azure channel where humpback whales migrate in September.
The villa includes two guest bedrooms and a spa pool deck. The distractions include the cacophony of cockatoos outside in the pine trees and the hum of the beer fridge.
The successful candidate will also get a golf buggy. The incumbent should also be accustomed to travel by powerboat, jet-ski and yacht.
“Everyone knows that the Great Barrier Reef exists but we”ve found that not many people know about the 600 islands you can visit,” the Independent quoted the chief executive of Tourism Queensland, Anthony Hayes, as saying.
“So basically, this person will do as much they possibly can and tell the world about it. There are lots of jobs where you might earn a million dollars but life is very short and it’’s about living,” he added.
The people interested in “the best job in the world” have until February 22 to apply at islandreefjob.com. They are suppose to submit a 60-second (or less) video clip explaining why they should get the job.
They must speak English and have “excellent communication skills”, a “desire for adventure” and “passion for the outdoors”.
The ten shortlisted candidates plus one wildcard, voted for online by the public, will then be invited to a four-day interview on May 3, on islands dotted along the Great Barrier Reef.
They will have to sail, dive, snorkel and perform a series of daunting tasks. (ANI)
- Applicants swamp island site for Australia's dream job - Jan 14, 2009
- 'Best Job in the World' winner now off on 'Best Expedition in the World' - Nov 11, 2010
- Brit job-seekers crash best job in the world Oz site - Jan 13, 2009
- Taiwan woman steps closer to Australia's dream job - Mar 25, 2009
- Russian hottie brings special skills to Australia's dream job - Mar 12, 2009
- Applicants galore for Australia's dream job - Feb 19, 2009
- Now, 'Best Mates' to accompany Best Job in the World winner - Aug 13, 2009
- Osama bin Laden applies for Best Job in the World! - Feb 04, 2009
- 'Best Job in the World' winner becomes Tourism Queensland ambassador - Dec 15, 2009
- Coral reefs will survive ravages of warming: Scientists - Apr 17, 2012
- 'Best job in the World' winner's job to end on New Year's Eve - Dec 25, 2009
- British charity fundraiser bags 'dream job' - May 06, 2009
- 'Best job in the World' in its final stage - May 04, 2009
- Hot 50 for Australia's top job named - Mar 03, 2009
- Wills-Kat to spend honeymoon on Great Barrier Reef Lizard Island? - Apr 24, 2011
Tags: beer fridge, cacophony, cockatoos, crannies, detritus, golden chance, golf buggy, great barrier reef, guest bedrooms, hamilton island, handsome salary, humpback whales, internet diary, london jan, pine trees, pool deck, powerboat, queensland tourism, spa pool, tourism queensland