Oz toddler with Goldenhar syndrome doesn’t know how to eatJuly 30th, 2010 - 6:31 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, July 30 (ANI): A one-year-old boy from Australia has never learnt how to eat, as he suffers from a condition called Goldenhar syndrome.
According to AdelaideNow, Asher White, from Encounter Bay, Adelaide, has been left with several facial deformities, including a jaw and tongue that have failed to form properly because of the condition.
He has never learnt how to eat solid foods, and his mum and dad, Joanne and Shannon White, who feed him through a tube, say doctors have given up hope of getting him to eat like other children his age in the near future.
“He has never learnt how to eat and we’ve done everything, from simple things like rubbing his gums to more complex things and doctors are at their wits’ end,” News.com.au quoted Asher’s mum as saying.
“People say ‘why don’t you offer him something sweet, that will work’, but it’s just not that simple. His tongue doesn’t work, there’s a lot of problems,” she revealed.
The family hopes to travel to the Austrian city of Graz, with their six-year-old son Daemon also in tow, so Asher can take part in a world-renowned, intense three-week feeding program that teaches children how to eat with a high success rate.
The trip, however, will cost about 30,000 dollars, with treatment accounting for 25,000 dollars of this. (ANI)
- Meet the Brit boy who hasn't eaten in 4 years! - Nov 04, 2010
- Many obese kids in Britain facing strokes - Jun 12, 2011
- Teen falls to death from Australia bridge - Aug 29, 2011
- 'Supermum' has 15 kids from last marriage, expecting 16th from new man - Oct 31, 2010
- Lady Gaga's mother to join her on tour - Apr 05, 2011
- Rob Gillet is a 'Human doughnut' - Mar 07, 2012
- Dr Oz: 7 Days to Boost Weight Loss & Cut Carb Cravings - Oct 11, 2011
- Kids don't want expensive pastime during holidays - Aug 17, 2012
- Emotional toll make patients out of doctors (Health Feature) - Jul 20, 2012
- Gene Simmons finally proposes to girlfriend Shannon Tweed - Jul 27, 2011
- What keeps Anna going - diet plan (With 'Anna is a tough man, say amazed doctors') - Aug 27, 2011
- Courtney Love to pay over $400K to settle Twitter lawsuit - Mar 04, 2011
- Why India broke off from supercontinent - Nov 16, 2011
- Chinese 3-year-old toddler weighs 132 pounds - Mar 29, 2011
- Pioneering surgery rebuilds tumour ravaged face - Sep 09, 2012
Tags: accounting, adelaide, adelaidenow, asher, australia, austrian city, doctors, encounter bay, facial deformities, graz, gums, joanne, melbourne, mum and dad, shannon white, something sweet, success rate, tongue, wits end