Oz student jailed for seeking ‘vampire sex’ online from girls under 14February 10th, 2011 - 5:29 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Feb 10 (ANI): A Melbourne university student has been jailed for more than four years after he preyed on nine girls under the age of 14 that he met online, discussing vampire sex with them.
Arran James Mark Wratten, now 24, of Carlton, is said to have discussed sexual activities with nine girls aged between 11 and 14 and even sent several “naughty” photos of himself.
The County Court heard he even discussed vampirism, exchanging blood, sex acts and meeting up for vampire sex with one 14-year-old, who told him that she was in Year 8.
Judge Wendy Wilmoth said Wratten had “manipulated” a “particularly vulnerable” 13-year-old into exchanging sexual text messages and had “highly inappropriate” sexual discussions with her online.
He also had a year-long relationship with a 13-year-old girl while knowing her age and on one occasion had sex at her house while her father was home.
He was caught by police when a mother of one of his victims noticed an inappropriate sexual text message on her phone, and she found out they had also been chatting on MSN Messenger, in which he insinuated that he wanted to meet the girl in person to have sex.
Wratten pleaded guilty to 14 charges, five of using a carriage service to procure a child under 16, three of using a carriage service to groom a child under 16, two of sexual penetration of a child under 16, two of procuring a minor for child pornography and one of possessing child pornography and one of producing child pornography.
When police seized Wratten’s laptop when he was arrested last February, they found up to 600 child abuse images and discovered more than 6000 text messages revealing contact with several young girls.
Judge Wilmoth said psychiatrists did not believe Wratten was a paedophile but were divided as to whether Wratten was a hebephile (someone who has a sexual attraction to adolescents).
She said because of his age, the primary sentencing consideration was his rehabilitation, the prospects of which she assessed as being “good”.
“A number of vulnerable young women were exploited by you. One girl was very badly emotionally hurt by you - she became suicidal,” the Age quoted the judge as telling him.
Judge Wilmoth jailed Wratten for four years and two months, to serve a minimum of two years. He will be a registered sex offender for life. (ANI)
- Drive to save British kids from online sex - Mar 25, 2012
- Oz father jailed for 14 years after filming sexual abuse of stepdaughter - Nov 23, 2010
- 'Loner' teacher in UK jailed for lesbian affair with 15-year-old pupil - Dec 09, 2010
- Footie manager jailed for 10 months for sex with underage player - Dec 15, 2010
- Oz man first to be convicted in 'sexting' case involving nude 13-yr-old girl - Nov 01, 2010
- Polo player in UK jailed for having sex with 15-yr-old - Jan 15, 2011
- Australian music teacher jailed for raping students - Jun 18, 2010
- US woman jailed for abusing daughter, 2, on web-cam as teen watched in UK - Mar 16, 2011
- US man jailed for child sex tourism in Cambodia - Dec 21, 2010
- Brit primary school dinner lady jailed for 6-yrs for having sex with boy, 12 - Mar 05, 2011
- Oz man who had baby with 11-yr-old stepdaughter 15-yrs ago escapes jail - Apr 19, 2011
- Indian-origin male nurse jailed in Australia for sex with patient - Apr 08, 2010
- 20-year-old Australian arraigned in first 'sexting' case - Nov 01, 2010
- Female teacher in Wales 'shared shower with girl pupils' - Nov 04, 2010
- Father gets 9-year jail term for raping, pimping disabled daughter to friends - Jun 08, 2010
Tags: blood sex, carriage service, child abuse, child pornography, melbourne university student, naughty photos, nine girls, old girl, paedophile, psychiatrists, sex acts, sexual activities, sexual attraction, sexual discussions, sexual penetration, sexual text, text messages, wendy wilmoth, wratten, young girls