Oz snorkeller grabs white shark’s tail to save teenagerOctober 31st, 2010 - 2:56 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Oct 31(ANI): An Oz snorkeller became a hero when he pulled the tail of a great white shark that was attacking a teenage girl.
While leading a swim-with-the-dolphins tour south of Perth, Elyse Frankcom was bit into her hip and left buttock by a 3m shark.
The snorkeller who saved Frankcom declined reveal his identity. “All I want is the girl to be OK.’ he said.
“Elyse is in high spirits. She should be OK,” the Courier Mail quoted Frankcom’s sister, Samantha, as telling the Sunday Times.
“She loves the water. This won’t scare her away. She will definitely go back. It’s been a passion for her since she was a child,” she said.
Frank Pisani, skipper for Fremantle Sea Rescue, said that the shark attack could have been fatal if not for the quick thinking of one of Frankcom’s tour group.
“As the shark bit her, it brushed aside a fairly large male who grabbed hold of the tail of the shark, which then made it let go,’ said Pisani.
“The girl then started to sink to the bottom and he grabbed her and brought her to the surface and got her back on board the boat. He certainly was instrumental in making this a good outcome,” he said.
Aaron Heath of Rockingham Wild Encounters said the actions of Frankcom’s rescuer were nothing short of amazing. (ANI)
- Unknown Man Pulls Shark's Tail to Save Woman in Australia - Nov 02, 2010
- Man pulls shark tail to save woman - Nov 01, 2010
- Mormon church leader accused of attacking another person - Aug 10, 2012
- Honeymooning bride loses hubby in shark attack - Aug 18, 2011
- Dolphins learning to 'walk' on water 'just for fun' - Oct 23, 2010
- Shark kills surfer at Australian beach - Sep 04, 2011
- Oz woman, 60, survives shark attack by 'punching, punching, punching'! - Feb 15, 2010
- Megan, Brian Austin may renew wedding vows - Jun 17, 2011
- Kate Moss scared of fish - Aug 25, 2011
- Aussie barmaid slapped with $300 fine for exposing too much - Jun 15, 2010
- Dolphins have amazing self-healing abilities - Jul 21, 2011
- Lady Gaga's G-string exposed during performance in Las Vegas - Mar 28, 2011
- German tourist dies after facing a shark attack in Egypt - Dec 06, 2010
- Man survives shark attack in Australia - Feb 13, 2011
- British man killed in fatal shark attack - Aug 17, 2011
Tags: buttock, courier mail, elyse, fremantle, grabs, great white shark, high spirits, oct 31, pisani, rescuer, sea rescue, shark attack, sister samantha, skipper, sunday times, swim with the dolphins, teenage girl, tour group, white shark, wild encounters