Oz serial road offender blames stab in the back during sex for his troublesMarch 9th, 2010 - 6:01 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, March 9 (ANI): An Australian man booked 11th time for unlicensed driving says his woes began when he was stabbed in the back while having sex.
Peter Maxwell Riddle, 48, confessed driving without a license before a Darwin court after getting busted on October 7.
According to NT news, defence lawyer Ambrith Abayasekara argued Riddle’s driving was a “last-minute” decision because Centrelink wanted an immediate meeting.
He asked the court to be lenient to Riddle, saying that his offending was a result of a stabbing several years ago which had led him to wander jobless for lengthy periods.
Court papers show Riddle was stabbed in the back while having intercourse and trying to get into a three-way orgy in November 2003.
He was having sex with a woman in a Darwin caravan when he invited 19-year-old Terri Lee-Anne Roebuck, who was watching, to join in.
But Roebuck stabbed him in the back with a kitchen knife.
The sentencing remarks noted that when Riddle was trying to get the knife out of his back he “noticed … that the female with whom he’d been having intercourse had left”.
Last week Riddle pleaded guilty to his latest unlicensed driving charge before magistrate Daynor Trigg.
Trigg was heard saying the man’s file was so long that it couldn’t even be stapled. He called for a clip.
“(He’s) got 10 priors for driving unlicensed in the Northern Territory from 2002 through November 2008,” the Daily Telegraph quoted Trigg, as saying.
He added: “He has multiple other driving matters, drink drivings, and an older history with lots of dishonesties, and some drug matters in his older past.”
The court sentenced Riddle to 14 days in jail. He was also suspended for two years, and disqualified from getting a licence for three months. (ANI)
- Court awards 10-year jail to man for killing wife - Aug 08, 2012
- Boy jailed 17 years for killing teenage mom - Dec 22, 2011
- Australian kills prostitute, has sex with body - Jul 23, 2010
- 'Roebuck was in state of utter despair moments before death' - Nov 15, 2011
- Woman attacks taxi driver for declining sex - Aug 28, 2012
- Babysitter killer jailed for life - Jul 25, 2012
- Man who killed wife's lover in bed jailed for 5 years - Aug 03, 2012
- Investigator's collect semen samples to probe Roebuck's death - Nov 20, 2011
- Handicapped man gets life term for killing sister's friend - Feb 17, 2012
- Briton stabs NRI neighbour's dog to death - Jul 07, 2011
- Andhra youth gets lifer for killing girl's parents - Jan 31, 2011
- Australians kill friend for attempt to rape - Aug 17, 2010
- Briton stabs wife 100 times after reading killing manual - Jul 27, 2011
- British teenager gets 10 years for killing man - Aug 11, 2012
- Man jailed for life for killing Russian soldiers - Jun 01, 2012
Tags: australian man, caravan, daily telegraph, darwin court, defence lawyer, driving without a license, drug matters, having intercourse, having sex, kitchen knife, lengthy periods, magistrate, maxwell riddle, melbourne march, minute decision, northern territory, peter maxwell, priors, stab in the back, woes