Oz sending back ‘medically unfit’ Bangladeshi girl will be like ‘issuing death sentence’: LawyerJanuary 30th, 2011 - 4:09 pm ICT by ANI
Canberra, Jan 30 (ANI): The lawyer of a nine year-old Bangladeshi girl, who is receiving life-saving medical treatment but could be home along with her family after their visa expires tomorrow, has said that forcing the girl to go back home would be similar to issuing a death sentence to her.
The Sydney Morning Herald quoted the lawyer, Anne O’Donoghue, of Immigration Solutions Lawyers, as saying that her forceful return to Bangladesh ‘would be the same as issuing a death sentence on the child’.
Jhahanara Jabber’s family had earlier alleged that the Department of Immigration is discriminating against her because she has a disability and is ignoring her need for continuing medical care.
The family’s bridging visa expires tomorrow and makes no allowances for Jhahanara’s need for care for at least the next few years, the paper said.
O’Donoghue, however, said there are new grounds for the Minister to consider a ‘repeat request’ for a medical treatment visa. (ANI)
- Bono's daughter in The Strips video - Sep 03, 2010
- Oz study links snoring to brain damage - Oct 22, 2010
- Danny O’Donoghue Not Tempted By Cameron Diaz - Dec 05, 2010
- 'The Rite' - peddling Christianity (IANS Movie Review) - Feb 11, 2011
- Cameron Diaz blown off by singer - Dec 04, 2010
- Joss Stone turns down an offer from 'The Voice' - Jul 30, 2012
- Australian court allows couple to let newborn die - Mar 17, 2011
- Danny O'Donoghue denies that he is romancing Bo Bruce - Jun 06, 2012
- Lindsay Lohan checks into rehab for the fourth time - Jul 16, 2010
- Karachi youth killing: Court sentences one to death - Aug 12, 2011
- Falak still critical, may undergo another brain surgery - Feb 19, 2012
- Kenya concerned over rising breast cancer cases - Jan 13, 2012
- Man blames seven-year-old girl in sex attack case - Jul 21, 2012
- Pakistani girl killed to protect 'family honour' - May 22, 2012
- Israeli woman dies in Rajasthan hospital, case lodged - May 30, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,