Oz Senate candidate Pauline Hanson demands suspension of Muslim immigrationNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:31 am ICT by admin
Campaigning in NSW, the right-wing firebrand told website www.federalelection.com.au that she was worried about the loss of Australian values, particularly as a result of Muslim immigration.
“I’ve seen the destruction of our industry, manufacturing, our farmers, everything that is Aussie and to be proud of … that’s been lost. They’ve just opened up the floodgates to allow people here that have no intention of being Australian or being proud Australians,” The Australian quoted her, as saying.
“I’ve actually now called for a moratorium on Muslim immigration because I believe it’s not for reasons of religious or any other reason. But I think it is a cultural difference to us as Australians and we must protect our own culture,” she added
Ms Hanson, who co-founded the One Nation party, listed “Australian values” as the nation’s culture, way of life and standard of living.
She said if she held the balance of power in the Senate she would be willing to block legislation she did not agree with.
Hanson’s vote will be bolstered by the fact she has registered a party. (ANI)
- Oz Liberal party divided over Bernardi's "Islam is problem, not Muslims" claims - Feb 20, 2011
- No religion for purpose of statecraft: Parrikar - Jun 13, 2012
- Emma's beau dumped her for being too famous - Oct 11, 2011
- South Carolina want to partner with India: Nikki Haley - Mar 02, 2012
- Berlusconi sex scandal: Showgirls complain of losing jobs - Feb 01, 2011
- I'm shy, sensitive and self-critical: Emma Watson - Jun 06, 2011
- Oz MP sparks-off row after calling for discussion on growing Muslim population - Oct 29, 2009
- Australian immigration minister under attack for foreign workers' deal - May 26, 2012
- Miley Cyrus delays wedding to finish album - Sep 08, 2012
- No link between president poll, financial package: Mamata - Jun 13, 2012
- Southwest Airlines apologises to Muslim woman for being thrown off flight - Mar 18, 2011
- Paris Hilton to make a singing comeback - Jan 18, 2012
- Ponting not to rest for Bangladesh tour - Mar 17, 2011
- Nude picture not Pauline Hansons, says ex husband - Mar 18, 2009
- New York City Council and other advocates denounce new Arizona Immigration Law - Apr 30, 2010
Tags: aussie, australia party, australians, balance of power, campaigning, cultural difference, firebrand, floodgates, immigration, international notoriety, moratorium, ms hanson, muslim, one nation party, pauline hanson, senate candidate, standard of living, website www