Oz school housemistress guilty of sex with underage boysDecember 10th, 2010 - 1:24 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Dec 10 (ANI): A former school housemistress, entrusted with the care of boys aged 11 and 12, has been found guilty of sexually abusing them.
The 41-year-old had oral sex and sexual intercourse with six boys aged 11 and 12 over a period of five months last year.
NSW District Court Judge Anthony Garling on Thursday rejected her defence that she was not guilty because of mental illness, reports the Sydney Morning Herald.
Two psychiatrists had testified that the woman was suffering from bipolar disorder and ‘was unable to control her libidinous impulses whilst in a euphoric state’.
However, Judge Garling said he believed the woman knew that her actions were wrong at the time she committed the offences against the underage boys.
He said that she knew the nature of what she was doing and that it was wrong, legally and morally.
Judge Garling found that the woman was able to conduct an otherwise normal life and was able to continue working.
The woman, who was married, had not sought other sexual partners, or exhibited behaviour typical of a person in a manic state, he said.
She is on bail and will be sentenced on March 11. (ANI)
- Oz school house mistress says she gave sex education to abused boys - Dec 02, 2010
- School mistress in Oz offered boys aged 11-12 oral sex - Mar 21, 2011
- Oz school mistress jailed for 5 years for sexually abusing boys - Mar 24, 2011
- School mistress says she gave sex education to abused boys - Dec 02, 2010
- Oz woman blames sex with 9-yr-old son on medication - Oct 07, 2010
- Stephanie Ragusa: Teacher Sentenced to Ten Years- 'Inappropriate Student Relationships' - Jun 29, 2010
- Oz couple jailed for sex with 9-year-old son - Oct 15, 2010
- Woman,47, jailed for sex with teenager - Mar 28, 2012
- Footie manager jailed for 10 months for sex with underage player - Dec 15, 2010
- Oz woman pleads guilty to having sex with her son, 9 - May 27, 2010
- Indian-American teacher heads to jail for sex with minor - Jul 24, 2012
- Judge bans autistic woman from having sex - Feb 06, 2012
- Oz woman pleads guilty to having sex with 14-year-old boy - Nov 25, 2010
- Female teacher jailed for sex with boys - Dec 21, 2010
- Oz man gets suspended sentence for raping, impregnating sister - Jan 31, 2011
Tags: bipolar, district court judge, euphoric state, five months, garling, impulses, manic state, march 11, mental illness, morning herald, oral sex, psychiatrists, sexual intercourse, sexual partners, sydney morning herald, underage boys