Oz Police renews appeal to identify charred body of IndianJanuary 5th, 2010 - 2:43 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Jan 5 (ANI): The Australian Police has renewed an appeal for help to identify the charred body of a 25-year-old Indian man found on the side of a road in southern New South Wales.
Homicide squad officers were today expected to re-visit Wilga Road at Willbriggie, near Griffith, where a member of the public found the body on December 29, the police said.
The body is yet to be formally identified but investigators believe it to be that of an Indian man.
“Police have made contact with the man’s family in India as well as the Indian Consulate in order to assist in the identification process,” The Age quoted the police, as saying.
Griffith Local Area Command Crime Manager, Detective Inspector Paul Smith said police had received a significant amount of information from the public following the death.
“I would like to thank members of the public for coming forward and providing valuable information contributing to our investigation into the man’s death,” he said.
However, police are appealing to anyone who travelled along Wilga Road or North Kooba Settlers Road between midnight on December 28 and on December 29.
“Irrespective of whether motorists believe they saw anything or not, we would love to speak to anyone who travelled along these two roads during that time,” Smith said.
Anyone with information which could help police is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000. (ANI)
- Oz police question two men in connection with Ranjodh Singh's murder - Jan 10, 2010
- Man accused of killing Indian in Australia cleared of charge - Aug 02, 2012
- Indian's partly-charred body found in Australia - Jan 05, 2010
- Oz police looking for red Ford Falcon car in connection with Ranjodh Singh's murder - Jan 08, 2010
- Indian couple charged for killing, burning Ranjodh Singh - Jan 28, 2010
- Couple arrested after Indian man's body found burnt and dumped, third person to be charged - Jan 28, 2010
- Third arrest made in murder of Ranjodh Singh - Jan 29, 2010
- Two arrested for Indian's murder in Australia - Jan 28, 2010
- Indian couple arrested for killing countryman in Australia - Jan 29, 2010
- Two men questioned in Sydney over Indian's murder - Jan 10, 2010
- Canadian police search for suspect after shooting at Ontario night club - Jan 17, 2010
- Indian origin businessman murdered in Britain - Feb 28, 2011
- Australia releases most wanted criminals list - Jul 25, 2011
- NY Man Calls 'Crime Stoppers' Looking to Score Drugs - Nov 11, 2010
- Toronto Police are investigating the sexual assault of a seven-year-old girl - Jan 18, 2010
Tags: australian police, crime stoppers, december 28, december 29, detective inspector, homicide squad, India, indian consulate, indian man, investigators, local area, man police, melbourne, motorists, new south wales, paul smith, providing valuable information, settlers road, time smith, two roads