Oz PM Rudd once cleaned loosJuly 31st, 2009 - 1:17 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, July 31 (ANI): Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd once cleaned bathrooms at a sawmill, and has described it as one of his worst job experiences.
He revealed this while supporting Employment Participation Minister Mark Arbib’s call on generation Y not to be too fussy about their first jobs, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
‘There’s a few realities out there. There’s a global recession under way, collapsing economies around the world … therefore let’s just adjust to it flexibly and that might mean right now you don’t have a job that’s your heart’s desire; maybe it’s a stepping stone to something else,” Rudd was quoted, as saying.
Rudd revealed that the jobs that paid his way after he left school included flipping hamburgers, working on hospital wards as well as in a supermarket and pulling beers in a pub.
‘What was the most difficult one? The job I once had as a cleaner at a sawmill, cleaning the loos. It’s part of growing up doing different things,” Rudd told Fairfax Radio. (ANI)
- Australian PM once cleaned toilets - Jul 31, 2009
- On Mumbai's roadmap: Washroom for women every two km! - Nov 13, 2011
- Britons bought more beer at shops than pubs - Jan 25, 2011
- More than one pub closing every day in the UK - Mar 28, 2011
- American girls do not impress Ryan Kwanten - Jul 12, 2010
- Taiwanese men told to squat when using public loos - Aug 28, 2012
- Pub sells special beer for dogs - Jan 10, 2012
- Rudd foreign minister in Gillard's new cabinet (Lead) - Sep 11, 2010
- Brit pub landlady looking for exorcist to get rid of drinks topping ghost! - Oct 01, 2009
- Cleanliness freak JLo's loo woes - Jun 26, 2012
- India-US meet to explore mutual business opportunities - May 15, 2012
- '37 percent Delhi government school toilets very dirty' - Mar 30, 2012
- Sydney man waiting since 5yrs for Kevin Rudd to buy him a drink! - Jun 16, 2010
- For Brit ladies, the perfect man is handsome, clever, rich and funny! - Dec 27, 2010
- UK pubs to remain open till 1am during Queen's diamond jubilee celebrations - Feb 28, 2012
Tags: arbib, australian prime minister, bathrooms, beers, desire, different things, experiences, generation y, global recession, hamburgers, hospital wards, loos, morning herald, oz, participation, realities, sawmill, stepping stone, supermarket, sydney morning herald