Oz mum who forced daughter, 12, into prostitution jailed for 10 yearsMay 14th, 2010 - 3:11 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, May 14 (ANI): An Australian mother has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for forcing her 12-year-old daughter into prostitution with over 100 men in just four weeks.
Magistrate Peter Evans, in the Supreme Court in Hobart, described the crime as an appalling breach of trust by a mother against her daughter, reports The Mercury.
He specified that out of the 11 years, she must serve non-parole period of seven years.
The woman had pleaded guilty in the Supreme Court in Hobart to being a commercial operator of a sexual services business, receiving a fee from sexual services involving a child and procuring unlawful sex with a young person.
Crown prosecutor Daryl Coates told the court the mother and a man named Gary John Devine had decided to sell her daughter when she faced a financial crunch. She apparently wanted to buy cars and pay off her home loan.
Devine was previously jailed for 10 years for his part in selling the girl for sex over a four-week period in August and September last year, reports News.com.au.
The woman’s name has been kept hidden over legal issues. (ANI)
- Oz mother prostitutes 12-year-old daughter to pay off debts - May 10, 2010
- Oz mom who prostituted daughter, 12, with 100 men says she was "having fun" - May 11, 2010
- Woman admits to using 12-year-old daughter as sex worker - May 10, 2010
- Oz mom charged for forcing minor daughter to have sex with 120 men - Feb 20, 2010
- Oz man who pimped 12-year-old girl jailed for 10 years - Mar 25, 2010
- Oz doctor jailed for raping exotic dancer after she refused him sex - Feb 24, 2011
- Oz man gets suspended sentence for raping, impregnating sister - Jan 31, 2011
- 29-year-old Indian national jailed in Australia for sexual assault of a minor girl - May 31, 2010
- Case of Tasmanian MP accused of having sex with girl, 12, returns to court - Apr 12, 2010
- Oz man jailed for beating, sexually assaulting 11-yr-old daughter - Jun 15, 2010
- Sheffield striker jailed for five years for rape - Apr 21, 2012
- Indian jailed in Australia for sexually abusing children - May 31, 2010
- Oz man pleads guilty to prostituting girl, 12, sharing proceeds with her mum - Mar 23, 2010
- Couple jailed for 7yrs for holding five Thai women as sex slaves - Dec 18, 2010
- New Zealand double murderer gets 23-year prison term - Jan 29, 2010
Tags: 11 years, appalling breach, august and september, australian mother, breach of trust, coates, commercial operator, crown prosecutor, financial crunch, hobart, home loan, john devine, magistrate, news com au, peter evans, prostitution, services business, seven years, sexual services, young person