Oz mum gives birth to 5.75kg baby boyMarch 9th, 2011 - 5:23 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Mar 9 (ANI): A woman in Australia, who has already given birth to two boys weighing more than 4.5kg, recently gave birth to a baby boy weighing 5.75kg.
According to the Herald Sun, Amanda Booker, 36, gave birth to her son Jasper Lucas on March 4 at Waverley Private Hospital, Melbourne, and he is one of the heaviest babies staff have seen.
He already looks like a four-month-old and has become a mini-star in the maternity ward, and even his mum was surprised by his size.
“Jasper not only takes the cake, he takes it into a corner and eats it by himself,” News.com.au quoted her as saying.
All of Booker’s babies were delivered by caesarean, with Jake, 3, weighing 4.79kg and James, 1, weighing 5.19kg.
Jasper experienced initial breathing troubles and low blood sugar levels, but now is doing well.
“My other boys are all in proportion now. You’d never know they were big babies,” Booker said.
“People have said with all these big boys you must have had gestational diabetes, but there hasn’t been anything like that.
“Doctors said a natural birth would have been difficult with Jasper due to his size, and because I’d had two other caesareans,” she revealed.
Her husband John, 38, can offer no explanation for their boys’ birth weights.
“We are just good stock,” he said.
Paediatrician Dr Barry Kras said Jasper was the biggest baby he had seen.
“If she hadn’t had a caesarean it would have been quite an emergency,” he added. (ANI)
- A 7 kg baby is born in China! - Feb 19, 2012
- 19 Pound New Born Baby - Sep 25, 2009
- Tiniest, largest foetuses at greater risk of stillbirth - Jun 28, 2012
- Babies born by caesarean more likely to be obese - May 24, 2012
- Indonesian woman gives birth to 8.7-kilo baby! - Sep 24, 2009
- Obese mums putting babies' health at risk - Jul 12, 2010
- Britain sees rise in 'sumo' babies - Mar 03, 2012
- Celine Dion And Rene Angelil Welcome Twins - Oct 25, 2010
- Indian surgeons save African baby with rare defect - Apr 26, 2011
- Sisters deliver baby boys on same day in same hospital - Sep 01, 2010
- 11-year-old girl gives birth in the central Philippines - Nov 28, 2011
- Texas woman gives birth to six babies - Apr 24, 2012
- Miranda Kerr, Orlando Bloom 'struggling to pick baby name' - Jan 14, 2011
- Princess Mary gives birth to twins - Jan 09, 2011
- Girl, 9, gives birth to baby boy in China - Feb 03, 2010
Tags: 5kg, big boys, birth weights, blood sugar levels, dr barry, gestational diabetes, good stock, herald sun, hospital melbourne, jake 3, james 1, kras, low blood sugar, low blood sugar levels, maternity ward, mini star, natural birth, news com au, paediatrician, waverley private hospital