Oz man’s world’s hottest chillies feel like rubbing soldering iron in mouth!April 15th, 2011 - 6:04 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, April 15 (ANI): Chillies grown by a man in Darwin city have been named as the world’s hottest chillies.
Grower Craig Zwetsloot, The Narrows, who started competitively producing chillies two years ago, said his Trinidad Scorpion Butch T range was officially the hottest in the world, at 1,463,000 scoville heat units (SHU). The previous record holder was the Naga Viper at 1.38m SHU.
Zwetsloot, who is also a local comedian, is selling the seeds on his website and on eBay.
“It’s like sticking a soldering iron in your mouth and rubbing it around,” the Courier Mail quoted him as saying.
“The first time, I got Tourette’s. You don’t drink water, you just have to man up. But if you’re really in pain, drink milk,” he added.
“When you eat it, you might feel a little burn, but you will not die,” he said. (ANI)
- World's hottest chilli is 'hot enough to strip paint' - Oct 21, 2010
- Paint-peeling Naga Viper chili pepper set to become world's spiciest - Dec 05, 2010
- Hottest chili pepper in the world is Naga Viper - Dec 06, 2010
- Naga Viper Named World's Hottest Chili Pepper - Dec 05, 2010
- 'Monster of chillies' could set a new world record - Sep 10, 2010
- World's hottest chilli grown in UK can leave one 'shaking uncontrollably' - Feb 18, 2011
- The chilli hand grenade is ready to explode! - Mar 18, 2010
- Indian military experts develop grenade using world's hottest chilli - Mar 24, 2010
- Brits 'craving for food 400 times hotter than what used to be in the 1960s' - Aug 04, 2010
- Man arrested for trying to smuggle 50 snakes on a plane - Nov 17, 2011
- Manhattan man grows world's hottest chili for 'Killer Sauce' - Apr 12, 2010
- Chili bomb to become part of defence armoury - Jun 27, 2009
- Chomping on cheese and chilli delights in Bhutan - Apr 29, 2011
- Cox gives advice to deal with dry skin - Jul 29, 2011
- Go for layering in winter, suggests Dannii Minogue - Jan 07, 2012