Oz man plied daughter with drugs before sexually abusing herSeptember 23rd, 2010 - 6:36 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Sept 23 (ANI): A man in Melbourne has been revealed to have plied his daughter with drugs and alcohol before sexually assaulting her, and then telling her that he would kill everyone if she told her mother.
The Victorian County Court heard that the 35-year-old father, who cannot be identified, began his assaults under the guise of teaching his daughter about sex at their suburban home between September last year and February this year.
Crown prosecutor Susan Borg said that in late January, the daughter began crying at the dinner table, prompting the father to threaten her.
“Do you want me to get a knife and kill someone?” the Age quoted him as having told his daughter.
He then warned her to “think about what you’re going to say or you will kill us all”.
The matter came to light two days later when the daughter divulged the abuse to her mother while she was driving her to school.
Borg said the father gave his daughter marijuana, alcohol and pills before he assaulted her, and described his behaviour as that which tore a family apart.
“A child should look to her father for protection, not harm. The family has been destroyed. The child will now have to live with what’s been done to her,” Borg stated.
Defence counsel Jason Gullaci said the father had no prior convictions and his time in custody so far had been “a significant experience for him”.
Gullaci said his client, who told police in an interview “I don’t know what’s wrong with me; I tried to stop myself”, realised what he had done was wrong and was remorseful.
He pleaded guilty to 20 counts, including 11 of incest, three of administering a drug of dependence for sexual penetration and one each of attempted incest, intentionally causing injury and assault police.
Borg said the man should be jailed for 11-13 years, with a minimum term of eight to 10 years.
The father was remanded to reappear for sentence at a date to be fixed. He will be a registered sex offender for life. (ANI)
- Oz man who sexually abused 12-yr-old daughter jailed for more than 11 years - Oct 06, 2010
- Father gets 9-year jail term for raping, pimping disabled daughter to friends - Jun 08, 2010
- Woman jailed for 10yrs for having sex with daughter's pals - Jan 25, 2011
- Incestuous father jailed in Australia - Jun 09, 2010
- Another 'Oz Fritzl' faces incest, child sex charges dating back 40 yrs - Sep 24, 2009
- Footie manager jailed for 10 months for sex with underage player - Dec 15, 2010
- Oz man jailed for beating, sexually assaulting 11-yr-old daughter - Jun 15, 2010
- Oz 'Fritzl' who raped two daughters for over a decade jailed for 11-years - Sep 06, 2010
- Pizza delivery man in Australia had sex with 14-year-old girl for 9 months - Feb 17, 2011
- US woman charged for sexually assaulting daughter's teenage friends - Jul 16, 2010
- New Zealand man, daughter convicted of incest conspiracy - Nov 06, 2010
- DNA tests may also inadvertently reveal incest - Feb 11, 2011
- Cathleen Miller charged with having sex with her daughter's friends - Jul 19, 2010
- Incestuous father jailed in Australia - Jun 15, 2010
- UK father raped teenage daughter to have baby for infertile girlfriend - Feb 15, 2011
Tags: 10 years, 13 years, alcohol and pills, assault police, borg, crown prosecutor, defence counsel, dependence, dinner table, drugs and alcohol, guise, incest, marijuana, melbourne, prior convictions, sex offe, sexual penetration, suburban home, victorian county court