Oz man gets good behaviour bond in “sexting” caseDecember 18th, 2010 - 6:28 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Dec 18 (ANI): A man in Sydney, who asked a young girl for a “hot steamy” photograph, was given a good behaviour bond in the nation’s first “sexting” case.
Damien Eades, 20, exchanged several text messages with a 13-year-old girl in March 2008, after meeting through friends, and in one of them he asked her to send him a picture, saying that he would send her one of himself.
After several text messages between the pair, Eades sent a picture of himself, without a shirt on, and wrote “u like?”, News.com.au reported.
The girl replied that she did and told him that she was going to send him only one picture of her top half, and he replied back that she could send whatever she wanted though the bottom half was even better.
The girl then sent a full frontal photograph of herself nude that she had taken with her mobile phone.
Eades was charged after the girl’s father found the text messages on the girl’s phone and alerted police.
He was charged with inciting a person under 16 to commit an act of indecency and possession of child pornography, but both were dismissed in Penrith Local Court earlier this year.
The DPP appealed the act of indecency charge and the case was referred back to the local court for a fresh hearing.
In Ryde Local Court, Magistrate Daniel Reiss found the offence proven but did not record a conviction. (ANI)
- Oz man first to be convicted in 'sexting' case involving nude 13-yr-old girl - Nov 01, 2010
- 20-year-old Australian arraigned in first 'sexting' case - Nov 01, 2010
- Sexting teenagers more likely to have sex - Jul 04, 2012
- Brit teacher, nicknamed Salford Stallion, slept with three of his pupils - Apr 05, 2011
- The worrying trend of 'sexting' - Mar 27, 2011
- Rooney hooker, soccer star Nolan 'exchange topless pics, sexy texts' - Nov 09, 2010
- 1 in 4 UK pupils admit swapping porn images of selves by text message - Mar 18, 2011
- Children warned over 'sexting' risks - Feb 08, 2011
- Engineering student held for morphing nude photos - Dec 10, 2010
- Jenn Sterger sues ex-manager alleged nude Brett Favre photos - Apr 29, 2011
- Wife in trouble after sending hubby SMS meant for lover! - Aug 04, 2011
- 15 percent of US teens engage in 'sexting': study - Dec 17, 2009
- Now, 'self-destructing' SMSs to spell end to late-night drunken rants - Feb 06, 2011
- US judge busted after sexting picture to colleague - Apr 24, 2012
- Naked starlets encouraging sexting among Oz teens - Oct 28, 2010
Tags: conviction, daniel reiss, dpp, eades, good behaviour bond, hot steamy, indecency, local court, magistrate, melbourne, mobile phone, news com au, offence, old girl, photograph, possession of child pornography, sydney, text messages, young girl