Oz-Indian student recalls how he was stabbed for failing to give money to attackersNovember 29th, 2010 - 1:08 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Nov 29 (ANI): Recalling an earlier incident in which he was stabbed in the stomach by two men after finishing his work in a South Yarra bar, an Indian origin student in Melbourne has said that he was ‘attacked and abused’ because he failed to provide them with an amount of money they had asked for while he was walking to a railway station through Lovers Walk South.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, the 31-year-old man now bears a 26-stitch scar where doctors performed emergency surgery on his punctured bowel after the attack on November 5.
The victim, who has been in Australia for two years, was reportedly hospitalised for 10 days following the attack, and then he informed his parents in India about the incident.
The paper quoted him as saying that the attackers had asked him for money and when he said he had none, “one punched me in the stomach, scolded me and said dirty words”.
“I collected some courage and ran away,” he added.
He also stated that it was only after reaching South Yarra rail station that he realised he was bleeding and that he had been stabbed. Later he hired a taxi to the Alfred hospital, where he was operated on immediately.
Senior Constable Emma Frankcom has urged the witnesses to come forward and identify the attackers, but added that the attack does not appear to be racially motivated.
“It was a very callous attack, and we want these two men off the streets. It appears to be a random attack,” she added. (ANI)
- Indian student recalls stabbing horror in Australia - Nov 29, 2010
- Oz snorkeller grabs white shark's tail to save teenager - Oct 31, 2010
- Daily aspirin cuts bowel cancer death risk - Apr 26, 2012
- Cop fails to save stab victim, catches killer - Apr 17, 2012
- Delhi Police constable killed by minor girlfriend - Jul 08, 2012
- 20-year-old student murdered in Delhi - May 07, 2011
- Unknown Man Pulls Shark's Tail to Save Woman in Australia - Nov 02, 2010
- Woman lawyer murdered in Karnataka High Court (Lead) - Jul 08, 2010
- West Delhi area rocked by four robberies in 90 minutes - Jan 10, 2011
- Oz teen pleads guilty to Indian student Nitin Garg's murder - Apr 20, 2011
- Sikhs have faced over 700 attacks since 9/11 - Aug 06, 2012
- Indians staying off Australian streets over fear of racial attacks - Jan 09, 2010
- Another Indian student attacked in Australia - Jun 02, 2009
- Another attack on Indian student in Australia - Jun 08, 2009
- Cable theft bid blamed for South West Trains chaos - Jun 10, 2011
Tags: alfred hospital, amount of money, attackers, constable, courage, dirty words, emergency surgery, emma, indian origin, melbourne, morning herald, old man, oz, railway station, random attack, scar, south yarra, stomach, sydney morning herald, two men