Oz Indian origin wife denies murdering hubby after setting fire to his genitalsApril 12th, 2010 - 1:38 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Apr 12 (ANI): A woman of Indian origin in Australia has pleaded not guilty to murder after allegedly setting her husband’s genitals alight.
Rajini Narayan, 44, appeared in the South Australian Supreme Court today. She also pleaded not guilty to arson.
The mother of three allegedly set fire to her husband’s genitals in December 2008, concerned that he was cheating on her.
Satish Narayan suffered serious burns and died in hospital from his injuries several weeks later, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.
The fire also gutted the family’s Adelaide home, leaving a damage bill of about one million dollars.
A previous court hearing was told Rajini had told neighbours: “I’m a jealous wife, his penis should belong to me. I just wanted to burn his penis so it belongs to me and no one else.”
Justice John Sulan adjourned the case for four weeks, allowing Rajini bail.
She will appear in court again next month. (ANI)
- Woman denies setting fire to husband's genitals - Apr 12, 2010
- 'Penis-burning' Indian Australian wife on murder charge - Jan 22, 2010
- Adelaide Indian-origin woman who set husband's penis on fire to be tried for murder - Mar 13, 2010
- Indian Australian woman killed her husband by setting his penis on fire - Aug 28, 2009
- Indian-origin wife 'wanted to purify cheating hubby's penis by burning it' - Oct 11, 2010
- Indian-origin woman cleared of murdering husband - Oct 13, 2010
- Woman tells court she set fire to his genitals - Sep 27, 2010
- Indian-origin wife found guilty of manslaughter after burning hubby's penis - Oct 13, 2010
- Indian-origin woman sets fire to husband to 'purify penis' - Oct 07, 2010
- Rajni Narayan confesses in court that she poured petrol over her husband - Sep 27, 2010
- Indian woman sets hubby's penis on fire to stop him from cheating - Sep 28, 2010
- Women who set husband afire charged with murder - Jan 07, 2009
- Indian woman admitted torching hubbys genitals out of jealousy, Oz court told - Jan 05, 2009
- Indian woman who burnt hubbys genitals granted home bail by Oz court - Jan 09, 2009
- Indian woman charged with murdering hubby by burning his genitals Down Under - Jan 03, 2009
Tags: adelaide, arson, australia, burns, court hearing, genitals, hubby, indian origin, jealous wife, morning herald, neighbours, one million dollars, oz, penis, rajini, setting fire, south australian supreme court, sulan, sydney morning herald