Oz hotel offers guests chance to experience -190 degrees temperatureFebruary 4th, 2011 - 3:44 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Feb 4 (ANI): A hotel in Sydney, Australia, is offering its guests the experience of a lifetime, by exposing their bodies to temperatures as low as -190C.
Guests at a new cryolab clinic at Sydney’s Grace Hotel will be able to experience cryotherapy technology, which is thought to boost the immune system and aid athletes in recovering from muscular injury.
Karl Benn, who set up the clinic, refers to the experience as a 21st-century ice bath, and says clinical testing in western Europe shows it increases white blood cell count, helping reduce inflammation.
“You just wear your underwear and socks when you’re inside the chamber,” News.com.au quoted Benn as saying.
“The last 30 seconds are a little uncomfortable, but the cool blasts happen in 20-second increments so that it gradually becomes colder rather than a big shock to the system,” he said.
Benn likens the experience to jumping naked into deep snow.
“Pretty much anybody can use it, the adrenalin and endorphin release makes you feel great,” he added. (ANI)
- Future hotel rooms in Oz will have zero gravity beds, self-darkening glass - Mar 17, 2011
- 'Glee' star apologizes over racy schoolgirl photo shoot - Oct 22, 2010
- April Fool Day's pranks are good for your heart - Apr 01, 2011
- Sydney hotel is first to offer personalised rooms - Nov 02, 2010
- Robo-sex could be common in future - Oct 13, 2011
- The reason behind failure of dialysis - Dec 23, 2010
- Hotel Made Of Garbage Built In Spain - Jan 23, 2011
- Aniston uses body double for revealing scene - Aug 22, 2012
- A Chennai restaurant's unique Saturday night dinner - May 25, 2012
- Soon, iPhone to replace car key - Jul 27, 2010
- Inflammation drug promising in depression - Sep 04, 2012
- The most common myths about exercise - Nov 21, 2010
- Madonna defends Adele - Mar 12, 2012
- Hemsworth loves risking life - Aug 03, 2012
- It's not cupid, just a chemical reaction, say experts - Feb 14, 2011
Tags: 21st century, adrenalin, benn, blasts, blood cell count, chamber news, deep snow, grace hotel, hotel in sydney, hotel in sydney australia, immune system, increments, inflammation, melbourne, shock to the system, socks, underwear, western europe, white blood cell, white blood cell count