Oz Government’s safe sex ads that ‘glow’ down the drainJune 12th, 2009 - 4:54 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, June 12 (ANI): Clubgoers in Australia will get a little more educated about safe sex and condoms the next time they go to pee, for heat-activated stickers have been fixed to nightclub urinals across the country for a government ad campaign.
The taxpayer-funded “pee and see” stickers appear blank at first, but when hit with a stream of warm liquid, they expose hidden messages.
Activated stickers display slogans aimed at increasing condom use, and reducing sexually transmitted infections.
However, female clubbers will miss out on the interactive component, as they will only get to see a normal ad posted on the back of the toilet door.
In fact, the campaign slogans have also been stencilled in chalk on Melbourne footpaths, which got washed out by the recent rain.
The Federal Government is spending a whopping amount on the ad blitz, what with the bill for the first month topping 1.5 million dollars.
The national campaign includes the more usual radio, print and billboard ads as well as the stickers and stencils.
Coalition Waste Watch spokesman Senator Guy Barnett spoke against the execution of the campaign.
“It is a worthwhile message they are trying to send, about an important issue. But it appears a poor use of taxpayer’s money if it’s literally going down the drain,” News.com.au quoted him as saying.
Penny Sarfati, General Manager of JWT Sydney, the ad firm behind the campaign, claimed that the strategy was innovative and well aimed at young people.
“The urinal ads are a lot of fun - with a very serious message behind it,” she said. (ANI)
- Oz travel group blasted for encouraging drivers to run down kangaroos - Feb 06, 2011
- Australia boasts of an urine powered restaurant - Mar 16, 2012
- Dogs compete for status 'peeing over pee' - Apr 28, 2011
- Safe sex project involving quirky condoms cost Oz taxpayers $50,000! - Nov 16, 2010
- Brit kids as young as 8 being given condoms - Apr 24, 2010
- Creating power from pee may end the world of its energy woes! - Jul 31, 2010
- Dubai launches health campaign - Jul 25, 2012
- Urinate on compost 'to save the planet' - Nov 13, 2009
- Sega launches urine controlled video game - Jan 12, 2011
- Let flat girls get boob jobs on Medicare, say Oz surgeons - Nov 21, 2010
- F-word on fingernail not for judge: Lohan - Jul 08, 2010
- Philadelphia parents disgusted that 11 year olds are being given condoms - Apr 18, 2011
- Michele Bachmann used taxpayers' money for 'Tea Party' rally - Jun 20, 2011
- Pee in the shower, says Brazil environmental group - Aug 27, 2009
- Now, free condoms for 12 year olds to cut teen pregnancies - Aug 06, 2010
Tags: ad blitz, ad campaign, barnett, billboard ads, campaign slogans, chalk, clubbers, condom use, condoms, footpaths, interactive component, jwt, national campaign, news com au, pee, safe sex, sex ads, stickers, urinal, urinals