Over half of Americans think Obama will lose 2012 presidential re-election bidFebruary 9th, 2011 - 5:24 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Feb 9 (ANI): Over half of Americans are of the opinion that President Barack Obama will lose his 2012 re-election bid, a new CNN/ Opinion Research Corporation poll has found.
CBS News quoted the poll as revealing that only 46 percent believe that he has a chance of being re-elected as President of the United States.
When the same question was asked in 1995, 65 percent of Americans expected President Bill Clinton to lose his re-election bid, and just 24 percent said he would win. Clinton, however, had managed to register a second-term win as President.
The poll also found that 26 percent of registered voters would certainly vote for Obama in the 2012 election, and another 23 percent will probably vote for him. Thirty-five percent said they will not vote for him, and 16 percent they will probably not.
When the GOP and Republican-leaning voters were asked who would they prefer to see as their party’s candidate for the 2012 presidential poll, former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee topped the list with 21 percent support followed by former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin with19 percent backing.
Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney was close behind with support from 18 percent of Republicans, while former House Speaker Newt Gingrich was backed by 10 percent of Republicans, the report said. (ANI)
- Obama most popular candidate for 2012 election: Survey - Mar 24, 2011
- Even Republicans feel Trump has very little chances of reaching White House - Apr 27, 2011
- Obama leads over four potential 2012 GOP contenders: Poll - Jan 21, 2011
- Obama's popularity rising, Palin's falling for 2012 Presidential elections: Poll - Dec 29, 2010
- 2010 Congressional election remains close, 2012 split evenly - May 13, 2010
- Obama trails in swing states: Opinion poll - Dec 14, 2011
- US Presidential wannabe Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals: Poll - Mar 03, 2011
- Obama bit behind Romney, but way ahead of Palin in 2012 prez run: Poll - Nov 23, 2010
- Gingrich to launch 2012 Prez bid - Mar 02, 2011
- Poll: More than 6 in 10 would not vote for Trump, Palin - Apr 27, 2011
- Romney GOP's only New Hampshire hope: Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- Donald Trump decides against running for president in 2012 - May 17, 2011
- Palin most unfavorable among Obama's potential 2012 Republican challengers: Poll - Jun 12, 2010
- Palin gets no vote in recent GOP straw poll - Feb 23, 2011
- Obama needs Palin on the same ticket to win Arizona in 2012 - Feb 03, 2011
Tags: alaska governor sarah palin, arkansas governor mike huckabee, barack obama, cbs news, former arkansas governor mike huckabee, former house speaker newt gingrich, governor mike huckabee, governor mitt romney, governor sarah palin, house speaker newt gingrich, massachusetts governor, mike huckabee, mitt romney, newt gingrich, opinion research corporation, poll also found that, president bill clinton, presidential poll, sarah palin, speaker newt gingrich