Over 540 prisoners set free in UAEJanuary 25th, 2011 - 12:31 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Jan 24 (IANS/WAM) Over 540 prisoners, serving terms in various prisons in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) have been released, giving them a second chance to begin a new life.UAE President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan ordered the release of 391 prisoners in Abu Dhabi, while Sharjah ruler Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi asked 151 prisoners to be set free from correctional and penal institutions in Sharjah.
The UAE president will also pay off the liabilities and debts of the prisoners jailed in financial cases.
Yusuf Saeed Al Ebry, acting attorney general of Abu Dhabi, said the public prosecution department, in coordination with the police, has already started to enforce the presidential order.
- Sharjah ruler undergoes surgery in Paris - Dec 01, 2011
- Prayers for rain performed across UAE - Dec 31, 2011
- UAE delivers aid for Libyan schools - Sep 02, 2012
- UAE greets world leaders on New Year - Dec 29, 2011
- UAE sends plane to Oman to bring home injured citizens - Sep 02, 2012
- UAE greets India, Pakistan on Independence Day - Aug 14, 2011
- UAE president greets leaders on Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- UAE leaders greet President Mukherjee on Independence Day - Aug 16, 2012
- UAE to release 676 prisoners to mark Ramadan - Jul 26, 2011
- UAE rulers greet nation on 40th national day - Dec 03, 2011
- UAE to release 179 more prisoners - Jul 28, 2011
- UAE congratulates new Egyptian president-elect - Jun 25, 2012
- UAE to launch campaign to raise donations for Yemen - Jun 21, 2012
- Mass wedding is national tradition, says UAE minister - Jun 28, 2012
- UAE to provide $136mn food aid for Yemen - Jun 04, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi, coordination, debts, jan 24, khalifa bin zayed, liabilities, mohammed al qasimi, penal institutions, president sheikh khalifa, prisoners, prisons, public prosecution, ruler, second chance, sheikh khalifa bin zayed, sheikh khalifa bin zayed al nahyan, sultan, united arab emirates, wam, zayed al nahyan