Over 500,000 British adults did not work under Labour regimeJanuary 27th, 2011 - 1:43 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan.27 (ANI): Over half-a-million British adults and a quarter of a million children failed to find work when the Labour Party was in power, official figures have revealed.
According to The Daily Mail, by the time Prime Minister Gordon Brown left Downing Street last June, around 552,000 adults and a quarter of a million children were sharing homes and not inclined to find or do work.
According to the Office for National Statistics survey, there are 352,000 households where no one had ever worked.
It also said that students in full-time education, with no experience of part-time or holiday jobs, occupied almost one in three of these households.
Graduate unemployment has hit its highest level for more than a decade, with a fifth out of work, new figures show.
Some 20 per cent of new graduates were unemployed in the third quarter of 2010, according to data published by the ONS.
This was almost double the rate before the start of the recession, when it stood at 10.6 per cent.
The figures show that graduate unemployment has increased faster than for the UK as a whole.
By the end of the recession, the unemployment rate for new graduates was 2.3 times higher than the rest of the UK (18.5 per cent compared with 7.9 per cent in the third quarter of 2009). (ANI)
- Spanish jobless rate climbs above 24 percent - Apr 28, 2012
- Job shortage: part-timers on rise in Britain - May 16, 2012
- Spain's unemployment rate edges up - Jul 28, 2012
- Half of Britain's young black men unemployed - Mar 11, 2012
- Spanish economy back in recession - Apr 24, 2012
- US unemployment claims fall slightly - Jul 01, 2011
- New US jobless claims dip below 400,000 - Jul 29, 2011
- No kids 'the secret to marital bliss' - Mar 01, 2011
- Nearly a third of Brit women workers are now main breadwinners - Oct 29, 2010
- 1 in 5 Brits wear their undies at least 250 times before buying new ones! - Dec 02, 2010
- Over 4.5 mn jobless in Spain - Oct 30, 2010
- Unemployment hits 8-year high in Italy - Mar 02, 2012
- Australia creating 1,100 jobs every day - May 14, 2010
- Consumer spending goes up in US - Aug 30, 2011
- China to create more jobs for people in cities - Dec 18, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,