Over 27,000 telecom devices seized in UAEAugust 23rd, 2012 - 12:58 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Aug 22 (IANS/WAM) The Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) in the UAE has confiscated over 27,600 unauthorised devices in the country.
The TRA said the move was made to protect the telecom market in the UAE from the use of unsupported telecom devices which were non-compliant with the specifications.
An official said technical problems created by unauthorised devices may disrupt the telecom network in the country and cause, for example, frequency interference affecting genuine subscribers.
- Blackberry services to continue in UAE - Oct 08, 2010
- Two tonnes of fake cosmetics seized in UAE in 2011 - Feb 13, 2012
- UAE to suspend Blackberry services from Oct 11 - Aug 01, 2010
- BlackBerry services to continue in UAE - Apr 16, 2011
- UAE holds cyber crime workshop - Nov 03, 2010
- 56 Sharjah varsity students to get sponsorship - Nov 14, 2011
- Etisalat connects UAE to South Sudan - Apr 27, 2012
- UAE Heritage Festival inaugurated - Apr 24, 2012
- UAE, IAEA sign cooperation agreement - Dec 06, 2011
- United Arab Emirates to suspend Blackberry services - Aug 03, 2010
- Indonesia seeks UAE investments - May 01, 2012
- UAE bank opens office in China - Jun 16, 2012
- UAE, Lithuania to tighten economic ties - May 08, 2012
- Czech envoy hails development of Abu Dhabi - Sep 29, 2011
- Abu Dhabi to host earth summit - Dec 08, 2011