Over 150 Abba impersonators claim sing-along world recordMay 15th, 2009 - 2:43 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 15 (ANI): More than 150 Abba impersonators on Friday claimed to have made a world record after joining up for a sing-along.
The attempt to make the world record was made in London’s Leicester Square.
According tot reports, the Swedish quartet’s fans were seen donning flares and hot pants for a rendition of Eurovision classic Waterloo.
The decision as to the eligibility of the attempt to create “the largest gathering of Abba impersonators to sing at one time” as a world record now depends upon the judgement of Guinness World Records.”This year’s Eurovision betting points to a case of Britain’s Not Got Talent,” the Telegraph quoted Andy Lulham, of Betfair, which organised the event ahead of Saturday’s Eurovision Song Contest, as saying.
“UK entry It’s My Time, written by Lord Lloyd Webber and sung by Your Country Needs You winner Jade Ewen, is a 23-1 outsider, well behind the 9-5 favourites Norway,” Lulham added. (ANI)
- ABBA's 1974 Eurovision Song Contest outfits to go on display - May 24, 2010
- Brit musician named world's fastest violinist - Oct 19, 2010
- ABBA surprised at UK Eurovision 'snub' - Jan 28, 2010
- Woman has third consecutive leap year baby - Mar 03, 2012
- E! planning to make a world record for largest number of Lady Gaga impersonators - Feb 12, 2011
- Azerbaijan to host global singing contest - May 02, 2012
- Jade Ewen deletes Twitter page after row with Buchanan's fans - Sep 29, 2009
- Stephen Sondheim to be honoured at Olivier Awards - Mar 05, 2011
- New Take That album coming out next year - May 23, 2012
- Andrew Lloyd Webber's son to follow in his father's footsteps - Jun 18, 2010
- Russian mosque has world's largest Quran - Feb 18, 2012
- Colors to bring 'Guinness World Records' to India - Dec 24, 2010
- Abba to reform for one-off show? - Jan 04, 2011
- Bennett to be honoured in San Francisco - Feb 12, 2012
- Oz attempt to smash Elvis world record fails - Jan 09, 2011
Tags: abba, betfair, eurovision song contest, flares, guinness world, hot pants, jade ewen, judgement, leicester square, lloyd webber, london, lord lloyd, norway, outsider, rendition, swedish quartet, telegraph, waterloo, world record