Over 100,000 Chinese officials punished in 2009January 7th, 2010 - 2:40 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Jan 7 (IANS) A total of 106,626 officials across China were penalised for indiscipline last year, an official of Chinese Communist Party said Thursday.
About 80 percent of them received punishments by the ruling Communist Party of China while the rest were penalised by the government, said Gan Yisheng, vice secretary of the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection (CCDI).
Those punished included party members, government workers and leaders of state-owned enterprises, Xinhua reported.
About 2.6 percent of those punished by the CPC were expelled from the party and referred for prosecution for embezzlement or bribery, Gan said.
Of the 14,000 corruption cases investigated by the CPC’s disciplinary watchdog, about 21 percent found involvement of civil servants. Investigations into a series of accidents involving serious consequences led to the exposure of 298 corrupt officials.
Gan said discipline inspection bodies received almost 1.32 million complaints between January and November last year, about 11 percent of which had been verified and 8.75 percent placed for investigation and prosecution.
- 146,517 Chinese officials punished in 2010 - Jan 07, 2011
- 151,890 Chinese punished for corruption - Jun 22, 2011
- 113,000 officials punished, but China says graft problem serious - Dec 30, 2010
- Anti-graft efforts have yielded results, says China - Dec 29, 2010
- China punishes 5,000 officials for corruption - Dec 26, 2008
- China to scrutinize officials' 'love lives' to meet "morality standards" - Jul 24, 2010
- Chinese daily calls for sustained anti-graft efforts - Apr 11, 2012
- China vows thorough probe into Bo Xilai scandal - Apr 18, 2012
- Former n-firm chief expelled from Chinese Communist Party - Oct 18, 2010
- China to formulate five-year anti-corruption plan - Aug 22, 2012
- Chinese minister sacked from party post - Feb 12, 2011
- China aims to curb nepotism among civil servants - Feb 23, 2012
- Nearly 400 officials probed for graft in Shanghai - Dec 31, 2011
- Chinese delegation to visit India, Pakistan - Oct 29, 2011
- Chinese politician's wife held over murder - Apr 11, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,