Over 100 hurt in Iran quakeJuly 31st, 2010 - 4:19 am ICT by IANS
Tehran, July 31 (IANS) More than 100 people were injured when a 5.7-magnitude quake struck northwestern Iran Friday, the state-run Press TV reported.
The quake jolted the Torbat-e-Heydarieh city in Khorasan Razavi province around 06.20 p.m.
The Iranian Seismology Centre said the epicentre was located seven kilometres outside the city.
City governor Mojtaba Sadeqian said 110 people were injured and about 80 percent of the houses in the city were damaged.
“There were no immediate reports of any fatalities. However, it is believed that a large number of people are trapped under the rubble,” Sadeqian added.
Torbat-e-Heydarieh is located 140 km from Mashhad, the provincial capital. It has a population of about 400,000.
- 36 injured in Iran quake - Jan 20, 2012
- Moderate 5.7-magnitude earthquake rocks northeastern Iran - Jul 30, 2010
- 40 killed in Iran quake - Aug 11, 2012
- Iran inaugurates biggest solar power plant - Jul 22, 2011
- 300 killed in twin quakes in Iran (Lead) - Aug 12, 2012
- Seven killed as magnitude-5.6 quake hits Turkey - Nov 10, 2011
- Quake hits Mexico - Apr 12, 2012
- Iran twin quake toll rises to 306 - Aug 13, 2012
- 35 injured, 64,500 affected in China quake (Second Lead) - Jul 01, 2012
- Tremors rock Kashmir Valley, northwest Pakistan (Third Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Two earthquakes hit northeastern states (Second Lead) - Jul 01, 2012
- Italy quake toll rises to 15 (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Experts rule out fresh killer quake in Nepal, Sikkim - Sep 19, 2011
- 250 killed, 1,800 injured in Iran quakes - Aug 12, 2012
- Mild tremors in Uttarakhand (Lead) - Feb 10, 2012