Over 100 die in Nigeria tanker blazeJuly 12th, 2012 - 8:35 pm ICT by IANS
Abuja, July 12 (IANS) More than 100 people may have been burnt to death early Thursday in Nigeria after rushing to collect petrol from a tanker that crashed, police said.
At least 80 burnt bodies were recovered from the site as of 11.30 a.m. by the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC), Xinhua reported.
The tanker crashed into four vehicles in Rivers state and exploded as people rushed to collect petrol, a police officer said.
About 20 injured were taken to hospitals.
More than 30 motorcycles were also burnt.
- Four killed in Nigeria road accident - Jul 07, 2012
- Nigeria mourns plane crash victims - Jun 04, 2012
- Hundreds feared dead after Nigerian jet crashes in Lagos - Jun 04, 2012
- 17 killed in Nigeria poll violence - Apr 20, 2011
- India, Nigeria hope to have direct flights - Aug 16, 2012
- 11 more killed in Nigeria violence - Jan 23, 2012
- 29 killed in Nigerian road accident - Sep 01, 2012
- Four dead in Nigeria military chopper crash (Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Military chopper crashes in Nigeria - Mar 14, 2012
- Several injured in Nigeria blast - Feb 20, 2012
- 70 killed in multiple vehicle inferno in Nigeria (Lead, Changing dateline) - Oct 10, 2009
- 10 killed in Iraq bombings - Nov 25, 2011
- 40 killed in Nigeria community clashes - May 29, 2012
- 1 killed, many injured as LPG tanker explodes - Aug 28, 2012
- At least 80 die in Nigerian highway horror - Oct 10, 2009