Over 100 activists arrested in PakistanNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:34 am ICT by admin
Lawyer Arif Saeed said that police had taken over the bar room at the Lahore high court bar association and anyone entering the premises was being whisked away.
Lahore police official Akram Beg said that the administration has imposed a ban on gatherings of more than five people and police have picked up those who were defying the restriction.
About 50 others were arrested in various cities across Pakistan, including the central city of Multan and the southern city of Quetta, The News reported.
Police sources have said that around 1,500 opposition workers, lawyers and civil society members have been detained in the crackdown launched after Musharraf suspended the constitution and imposed emergency rule on Saturday. (ANI)
- Pakistan Government continues with crackdown, arrests over 100 anti-emergency activists - Nov 14, 2007
- Police, lawyers clash in Lahore - Oct 02, 2010
- Musharraf can't claim constitutional immunity in Benazir assassination case: Pak jurists - Feb 16, 2011
- 'Lahore courts on terrorists hit list', warns police officer - Jul 30, 2010
- Karnataka lawyers to boycott courts Monday - Mar 04, 2012
- Verdict against judges who took oath after Musharraf declared emergency reserved - Jan 27, 2011
- Musharraf's launch of party draws hostile response - Oct 02, 2010
- Musharraf cronies, PPP backing Asma to beat Pak CJ loyalists in SCBA polls - Oct 27, 2010
- Lawyers' strike against abductions leaves courtrooms deserted in Balochistan - Mar 01, 2011
- Attacks on Pakistani leaders, parliament feared - Jun 20, 2010
- Musharraf may be returning to his own grief: Daily - Jan 26, 2012
- Pakistan to tap Interpol for Musharraf's arrest - Feb 25, 2012
- Sarabjit to meet sister -- after 21 years - Jun 16, 2011
- 13 killed, 21 injured in Pakistan car bombing (Lead) - Dec 31, 2011
- Former Pakistan boxer Abrar shot dead in Quetta - Jun 16, 2011
Tags: activists, akram, bar association, crackdown, detained, emergency rule, gatherings, lahore high court, lahore police, lawyers, multan, musharraf, pakistan, police official, police sources, premises, quetta, saeed, society members