Orissa Revenue Minister resigns over sex scandalDecember 11th, 2008 - 1:13 pm ICT by ANI
Bhubaneshwar, Dec.11 (ANI): Orissas Minister for Revenue and Disaster Management, Manmohan Samal , has resigned following disclosures of his involvement in a sex scandal.
Samal tendered his resignation to Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik. The Chief Minister has sent the resignation letter to State Governor M C Bhandare..
Samal however, defended himself, saying that it was a ””conspiracy”” to defame him and the party.
””It is a well-planned conspiracy by the opposition to drag my name into the controversy to tarnish the image of the party and government, he said.
Samals resignation came after the opposition led by the Congress called for his ouster from the State Cabinet.(ANI)
- Orissa minister resigns over pulses scam (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Patnaik reshuffles ministry, drops five (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik suspends Mohapatra, drops two ministers (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik could have prevented Saraswati's murder: BJP ex-minister - Mar 10, 2011
- Pulses scam: Orissa minister quits, 3 officers face action (Second Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Odisha gangrape: Minister resigns (Lead) - Jan 19, 2012
- Governor asks Orissa to probe dam 'mismanagement' - Oct 05, 2011
- Central government neglecting Orissa: Naveen Patnaik - Aug 10, 2011
- Orissa budget session off to a stormy start (Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- Orissa minister resigns over sex scandal - Dec 10, 2008
- Kandhamal riots could have been avoided: Ex-minister - Mar 09, 2011
- Demand for resignation over POSCO unjustified, says Naveen Patnaik - Dec 15, 2010
- Patnaik slams petrol price hike - Nov 05, 2011
- BJD activists protest railways' neglect of Orissa - Mar 15, 2011
- BJP demands Patnaik's prosecution on pulses scam - Feb 08, 2011
Tags: chief minister, congress, conspiracy, controversy, disaster management, disclosures, manmohan, naveen patnaik, opposition, orissa, ouster, resignation letter, revenue minister, samal, sex scandal, state cabinet, state governor