OPEC oil price down to $40 a barrelJanuary 14th, 2009 - 5:22 pm ICT by IANS
Vienna, Jan 14 (DPA) The price for oil produced by the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) fell slightly Tuesday, to $40, OPEC said Wednesday.One barrel (159 litres) of OPEC-produced crude was $0.24 lower than on the previous day.
The Vienna-based cartel could decide on further production cuts at its next meeting in March to support prices, OPEC Secretary General Abdalla Salem el-Badri indicated Tuesday.
“If then the market is still over-supplied, the conference will not hesitate to take further measures to balance the market,” he said in remarks published on OPEC’s website.
So far, the cartel’s 12 members were sticking to their production quotas, el-Badri said, following their decision in December to curb output by 2.2 million barrels per day.
- OPEC oil price dips below $40 - Jan 21, 2009
- OPEC oil price drops to 41.52 - Feb 04, 2009
- OPEC oil price rises above $70 - Jun 19, 2009
- OPEC oil price remains below $70 - Jun 17, 2009
- OPEC oil price slides to $68.86 - Feb 09, 2010
- OPEC crude rises to $41.31 per barrel - Jan 15, 2009
- Calls for low oil prices are short-sighted, says OPEC - Mar 07, 2009
- OPEC oil price rises above $44 - Mar 11, 2009
- OPEC oil price climbs above 42 dollars - Jan 27, 2009
- OPEC oil price inches above $42 - Feb 02, 2009
- OPEC oil price inches towards $44 mark - Mar 06, 2009
- OPEC crude price close to $117 - May 09, 2008
- OPEC oil price rises above $46 to a barrel - Jan 07, 2009
- OPEC oil price rises beyond $42 - Jan 19, 2009
- OPEC oil price sheds $1.64 - Jan 20, 2009