Only four percent Israelis think Obama is pro-Israel: PollAugust 28th, 2009 - 1:12 pm ICT by ANI
Jerusalem, Aug. 28 (ANI): Only four percent Israelis consider the policies of President Barack Obama as pro-Israel, a Smith Research poll conducted by The Jerusalem Post has revealed. More than half (51 percent) of Jewish Israelis consider Obama’s administration more pro-Palestinian than pro-Israel, according to the survey, while 35 percent consider it neutral.
The support for Obama Administration has fallen 2 percent from an earlier poll published in the paper.
In June, 6 percent Israelis had viewed the policies of the Obama administration more pro-Palestinian than pro-Israeli, while less than four in 10 said the policies were neutral.
The poll of 500 people representing a statistical model of the Jewish Israeli population had a margin of error of 4.5 percent. Obama’s popularity among Israelis has been plummeting since a May 17 Post poll on the eve of a meeting between Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and Obama at the White House.
The new poll was taken on Monday and Tuesday, before reports that Obama had agreed to exclude Jerusalem from a deal with Netanyahu on a construction freeze and to allow construction of essential public buildings, such as schools, to continue in Judea and Samaria. The poll asked Jewish Israelis whether they would support freezing settlement construction for a year as part of an American-brokered deal.
Fifty percent said no, 41 percent said yes and 9 percent did not express an opinion. (ANI)
- 50 percent Israelis think Obama is more pro-Palestine than pro-Israel: Poll - Jun 19, 2009
- Obama "committed" to Israel's peace and security - Jun 21, 2009
- Only 1 in 3 Israelis thinks Obama is pro-Israel - May 18, 2009
- Israeli Left expresses dismay over Obama's low popularity - Aug 30, 2009
- Israel rebuffs Obama's 1967 borders call - May 20, 2011
- Russia urges Israel to halt settlement construction - Nov 03, 2011
- Thousands protest in Israel against settlement suspension - Dec 10, 2009
- No alternative to peace talks: Abbas (Lead, Changing dateline) - Sep 16, 2010
- US praises Israel's decision to ease Gaza Strip blockade - Jun 21, 2010
- US settlement freeze demand unreasonable, says Netanyahu - Jun 01, 2009
- Netanyahu calls for stepped up settlement construction - Nov 02, 2011
- Second day of Israeli-Palestinian peace talks begins - Sep 15, 2010
- Netanyahu refuses to halt Jerusalem constructions - Apr 23, 2010
- Israel nod for Quartet peace plan, urges Palestinian acceptance - Oct 02, 2011
- Netanyahu's heckler identified - May 25, 2011
Tags: barack obama, binyamin netanyahu, brokered deal, eve, israeli population, israelis, jerusalem post, judea, margin of error, new poll, palestinian, popularity, post poll, prime minister, public buildings, research poll, settlement construction, smith research, statistical model, white house