Only 13 percent of Americans polled approve of CongressDecember 16th, 2010 - 6:22 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec. 16 (ANI): America’s satisfaction with Congress has hit an all-time low in a Gallup Poll released Wednesday.
Just 13 percent said they approve of the job Congress is doing, while 83 percent said they disapprove, Politico reports.
The lowest approval rating for Congress in a Gallup survey prior to this poll was 14 percent in July 2008.
Among Democrats, 16 percent approve of Congress, down from 29 percent in November.
Republicans are less positive, with seven percent saying they approve of the job Congress is doing.
A Washington Post/ABC News poll published Tuesday suggests that Americans are unsure of the ability of the incoming Republican majority in the House of Representatives to tackle the country’s problems.
Thirty-eight percent said they thought Republicans could do the best job handling the issues of the next few years, while 43 percent said that President Barack Obama could do better.
Gallup surveyed 1,019 adults Dec. 10-12. The margin of error is plus or minus four percentage points. (ANI)
- Obama's approval ratings shot up in two polls following 'Arizona shooting' speech - Jan 19, 2011
- Obama's approval ratings hit new low - Mar 13, 2012
- Over five in ten Americans still view George W. Bush as unpopular: USA Today/Gallup Poll - Nov 11, 2010
- Washington Post-ABC News poll finds Obama reaching a new low - Jul 13, 2010
- Obama may lose to unnamed Republican challenger in 2012: Varsity poll - Jul 22, 2010
- Obama, Romney tied in presidential race: Poll - May 23, 2012
- Obama's ratings rise but still struggling to sell economic policies, find new polls - Feb 10, 2011
- Obama's rating plunges, yet ahead of GOP rivals: Poll - Apr 20, 2011
- Democrats slip below Republicans for first time ahead of Nov congressional elections, finds poll - Sep 07, 2010
- Majority Americans approve Obama's same-sex marriage decision - May 12, 2012
- Support for Obama hits new low point: Survey - Dec 15, 2011
- Despite Republican's edge ahead of mid term polls, Americans feel it wont bring 'positive change' - Jul 30, 2010
- Poll: Health care reform is Barack Obama's best and worst - Jan 14, 2011
- Romney GOP's only New Hampshire hope: Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- American optimism surges tot nearly a four-year high - Jan 26, 2011
Tags: abc news poll, adults, approval rating, barack obama, congress washington, democrats, gallup poll, gallup survey, house of representatives, job, margin of error, percentage points, republican majority, republicans, satisfaction, washington post