One tonne cocaine seized in ItalyAugust 19th, 2011 - 5:16 am ICT by IANS
Rome, Aug 19 (IANS) Italian police have seized a shipment containing nearly a tonne of cocaine, a media report said.
Police said the cocaine, estimated at 300 million euros (about $423 million), was in a container ship travelling from Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic via Italy’s port of Gioia Tauro in the southern region en route to Genoa in the north of the country, Xinhua reported.
Police seized the cargo at a warehouse near La Spezia, about 100 km from Genoa, and arrested three Italians, a Spaniard and a Colombian.
Five new cars and 10 kg of hashish were also found on the ship.
- Nearly 200 kg cocaine seized in Italy port - Sep 08, 2012
- 630 kg cocaine seized in Italy - Jun 09, 2012
- Dominican Republic seizes 1.5 tonnes of cocaine - Mar 26, 2012
- Dozens of mafia men held in pan-European drugs bust - Jun 04, 2012
- Colombian police seize 1.5 tonnes of cocaine - Jan 04, 2011
- Diplomat murdered in Dominican Republic - Apr 18, 2012
- Colombia seizes 2.6 tonnes of cocaine - Jun 06, 2012
- Colombian police make biggest heroin bust in years - Dec 08, 2009
- 10 tonnes of hashish seized in Karachi - Nov 16, 2011
- US seizes $26 mn cocaine shipment - Jul 04, 2012
- Over 1 tonne of cocaine seized in Spain - Mar 05, 2010
- Clothes dipped in liquid cocaine found in Italy drug bust - Feb 05, 2011
- 1,577 kg cocaine seized in Mexico - Apr 20, 2010
- Juan Luis Guerra to launch new album - Feb 27, 2012
- Nine die in Dominican Republic fire - Nov 26, 2010