One killed, nine injured in Iraq bombingsJuly 9th, 2012 - 9:13 am ICT by IANS
Baghdad, July 9 (IANS) At least one person was killed and nine wounded in separate bomb attacks in Iraq’s Kirkuk province Sunday, Xinhua reported.
A roadside bomb struck a police convoy in Kirkuk city, some 250 km from Baghdad, killing a policeman and injuring two others, including the police chief, said a provincial police source.
In another incident, a roadside bomb went off near a police patrol in central Kirkuk, wounding five policemen and two passers-by, the source added.
Oil-rich Kirkuk province has long been a hotbed of insurgency since the US-led invasion in 2003.
Kirkuk, the centre of Iraq’s oil industry, is connected by pipelines to ports on the Mediterranean Sea.
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- 43 killed, over 190 wounded in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Two dead, nine hurt in four bomb attacks in Iraq - Dec 25, 2011
- Iraq official survives bomb attack - Apr 22, 2012
- 2 killed, 16 injured in attacks in Iraq - Nov 13, 2011
- 52 killed in series of attacks across Iraq - Sep 09, 2012
- Two policemen killed in Iraq bombings - Mar 09, 2012
- 6 killed, 10 wounded in Iraq attacks - Apr 16, 2012
- Seven killed in Iraq attacks - Aug 06, 2012
- Seven killed in Iraq violence - Jul 31, 2010
- Three killed, nine injured in Iraq - Apr 30, 2012
- Three killed in Iraq violence - Jun 18, 2012
- Four die in Iraq clashes between protesters and security (Lead) - Feb 25, 2011
- Nine wounded in Iraq bomb attacks - May 17, 2012
- Over 40 killed in Iraq violence (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
Tags: baghdad, bomb attacks, convoy, hotbed, insurgency, invasion, iraq bombings, kirkuk, mediterranean sea, oil industry, pipelines, police chief, police patrol, police source, policeman, policemen, ports, provincial police, roadside bomb, xinhua