One in four Germans think Nazi rule was not badNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:26 am ICT by admin
Seventy per cent of those polled, however, responded in the negative, according to the Daily Mail.
The survey was commissioned after a talk show hostess was fired for praising the Nazis’ attitude toward motherhood.
Eva Herman, 48, said at a book launch that while there was ‘much that was very bad, for example Adolf Hitler,’ there were good things, ‘for example the high regard for the mother’ under the Nazis.
Praising the 1933-45 Nazi dictatorship is taboo in Germany.
The poll suggested that those aged 60 or older had the highest regard for aspects of the era, with 37 per cent answering Yes.
Those who grew up directly after the war, now aged 45 to 59, were the least enthusiastic, with only 15 per cent responding Yes. (ANI)
- Hitler's Nazi party financed 30% of WW II with stolen Jewish money - Nov 10, 2010
- Hitler's exhibition in Berlin extended due to throngs of visitors - Jan 07, 2011
- Osama shares May 1 death with Hitler - May 02, 2011
- Wanting to fight Nazis, Hitler's nephew wrote to Roosevelt - Aug 02, 2012
- Hitler was a great man, says Holocaust denier David Irving - Sep 28, 2010
- Hitler once worshipped as Vishnu in elite Kolkata homes: Historian - Jun 07, 2010
- People find Italian 'Hitler' wine bottles offensive - Aug 09, 2012
- Kate Middleton might face 'Royal' snobbery in new role at Palace, finds poll - Apr 23, 2011
- Neo-nazis dominate German village where Hitler is still considered Fuehrer - Feb 07, 2011
- DNA Reveals Nazi Leader Adolf Hitler Possibly of Jewish & African Decent - Aug 24, 2010
- The mutt who mimicked the Nazi salute and mocked Hitler - Jan 08, 2011
- Germany's first Hitler exhibition seeks to break age-old taboos - Oct 13, 2010
- Hitler stole Beetle idea from Jewish engineer: Book - Jan 16, 2012
- UK kids think Auschwitz is a type of beer, a festival or bread - Mar 09, 2009
- Baroness Trumpington becomes an Internet hit after Remembrance Day debate - Nov 15, 2011
Tags: adolf hitler, book launch, criminality, daily mail, encouragement, enthusiastic, germans, motherhood, national socialism, nazi dictatorship, nazi rule, nazis, regard, stern magazine, taboo, talk show hostess