One in four Brits blame sex for being in debt!January 23rd, 2008 - 3:43 pm ICT by admin
London, Jan 23 (ANI): One in four people in debt in the UK blame their financial woes on spending money on sex.
The finding is based on data from The UK Insolvency Helpline that stated that spending money on sex was the third most common reasons for people to go bankrupt.
The leading causes were alcohol, drugs, and a shopping addiction.
According to the helpline, out of all its clients, 10,251 - the equivalent of one in four people - who called in between January and September 2007, admitted they had paid through their pockets to watch porn, visit a lap dancing club or a brothel.
The clients were aged between 25 and 49, with the average age being 42.
UK Insolvency Helpline said that sex addiction can take a toll on their professional lives, with people losing their jobs or getting into debt as a result of having to pay legal bills relating to sexual harassment.
The problems can also lead to divorce or separation and their associated financial problems.
“We feel that as computer, satellite porn and prostitution becomes more widespread it will give more men unrealistic expectations of their love lives and threaten couples’ relationships,” the Sun quoted Richard Sorsky, social policy co-ordinator at The UK Insolvency Helpline, as saying.
“This has become apparent due to the number of men admitting to using prostitutes and our referrals to divorce or marriage counselling organisations.”
According to the helpline, three-quarters of the people who called in were single men, with the rest either married men or women or single or separated women. (ANI)
- Is sex addiction really a disease or just a convenient excuse? - Feb 25, 2011
- Abandoned US brothel to become museum - Aug 09, 2012
- 30pc of Americans commit 'financial infidelity' - Jan 15, 2011
- 'Pornistan' Pakistan is 'world's third biggest porn viewing nation' - Jul 22, 2010
- French minister seeks end of prostitution in Europe - Jun 23, 2012
- Illegal brothels sprouting across Australia - Nov 15, 2010
- 'Topless' Ukrainian feminists protest Kiwi 'Win a Wife' event - Mar 06, 2011
- Male sex slave ring busted in Spain - Sep 01, 2010
- Women put up for sale to stop female trafficking in Tel Aviv - Oct 22, 2010
- Chinese jailed for not paying workers - Jan 15, 2012
- Hard core porn destroys sexuality, emotions in men - Oct 14, 2010
- Aussies want more sex, reveals survey - Feb 05, 2011
- UK govt introduces online 'divorce calculator' for couples splitting up! - Dec 31, 2010
- 12,000 foreign 'sex slaves' work in British brothels - Aug 19, 2010
- British MP's wife found working as a sex worker - Sep 06, 2010
Tags: alcohol drugs, brothel, co ordinator, dancing club, financial woes, helpline, insolvency, lap dancing, legal bills, london jan, love lives, marriage counselling, married men, professional lives, sex addiction, sexual harassment, single men, spending money, three quarters, unrealistic expectations