One in four Brit women would rather go shopping than have sexNovember 20th, 2007 - 4:16 pm ICT by admin
London, Nov 20 (ANI): Womens love for shopping has surpassed all limits, with one in four saying that the outdoor activity is better than the bedroom antics.
A new survey has found that four in ten women would rather go shopping than have sex.
And amongst those who have been married for 20 years or more, half would happily manage without any at all.
However, the research for First magazine found that 72 per cent of wives still fancy their partners, giving them seven out of ten or higher on the scale of sexual attractiveness.
And nor does the figure reduce with age, with more than half of those who have been married for 20 years agreeing.
But the survey showed that the wedding night is not quite the landmark it used to be, with a third admitting that they did not have sex that evening.
The study also shed light on the decline of marriage as an institution, with a fifth of women between 45 and 54 been married twice, and more than two-thirds of those separated within the first ten years of their marriage.
Altogether, 37 per cent of those polled said they could be happy in a sexless marriage, with the figure rising to half for those married for more than 20 years.
Relationship psychologist Anjula Mutanda said that this was a worrying indication.
“Considering that sex is a healthy part of a loving relationship and is an important way of physically and psychologically connecting with your partner, something is clearly wrong, the Daily Mail quoted her, as saying.
“Having no sex at all creates distance and resentment. A once loving and tactile relationship becomes the equivalent of living with your brother or sister, she added.
The survey also found that 37 per cent of women had sex once or twice a week. Just more than a third said they were discontented with the amount of sex they had.
But, contrary to myth, only half said their sex lives had diminished after having children.
Ninety-four per cent of wives described themselves as “happily married”. (ANI)
- 40 percent single Indians looking for love, says survey - Feb 14, 2012
- Women in 40s have better sex lives - Oct 04, 2010
- It's official! Marriage is bad for your sex life - Aug 26, 2010
- Over 50pc of Brit girls 'initiate sex as much as their partner' - Feb 15, 2011
- Lack of love and sex 'driving over-50s to divorce' - Oct 19, 2010
- Third of young Japanese men have no interest in sex - Jan 14, 2011
- Husbands lose interest when women become mothers - Dec 02, 2011
- Less than 3 in 10 American youth just too busy for sex - Mar 05, 2011
- 70 percent Chinese have pre-marital sex: Study - Apr 10, 2012
- Half of Brit women avoid sex because of their weight - Mar 12, 2011
- Marriage is bad for your sex life - Aug 26, 2010
- Lovers likelier to text 'I love you' than write a love letter - Jan 31, 2011
- Women 'get drunk before having sex because they lack confidence' - Mar 13, 2011
- Aussies want more sex, reveals survey - Feb 05, 2011
- Younger women regret one-night stands more than their older counterparts - Nov 16, 2010
Tags: antics, brit, daily mail, go shopping, having children, loving relationship, new survey, outdoor activity, psychologically, psychologist, resentment, sex lives, sex london, sexless marriage, sexual attractiveness, shed light, sister she, wedding night