One in five Oz women have featured in home-made sex tapeJune 30th, 2008 - 7:03 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, June 30 (ANI): A new study exploring the sex lives of Australian women has shown that one in five of them have featured in a homemade sex tape.
However, analysing some of the 2000 responses author Joan Sauers received to her online study, many now regret it.
“It was exciting when we were doing it. When I saw the tape I just felt fat,” The Australian quoted one 30-year-old teacher from Victoria, as stating.
Sauers’s book entitled Sex Lives of Australian Women, to be released tomorrow, includes the gamut of emotions and experiences including sexual fantasies, the pros and cons of threesomes, the changing face of sex as women get older, and, of course, orgasms.
Sauers said that women contributed anonymously to the online survey apart from their age, state and occupation, and while some of the findings appear skewed towards a younger, more internet-savvy population, it is the honesty of their responses that is striking.
“I think women do talk to each other more than men do about their sex lives, but there are the really personal things we don’t even tell our best friends, and I think this is where the anonymity of this survey provides important material,” she said.
“It became a place where women could vent about what was right and wrong about their sex life, and I got 7000 pages of material,” she added.
Sauers, who two years ago wrote Sex Lives of Australian Teenagers using a similar online survey, said that there are two big surprises in the results.
“The first was that younger women in their 20s felt the most guilt about cheating on their partner while older women tended to be more forgiving of themselves,” she said.
“I think it shows the older we get, the more complicated our sense of moral relativism becomes.
“And second, I was stunned to find the number of women who still don’t know it’s illegal to be forced to have sex by their husband. They still have this sense of debt that part of the marriage vows include having sex even if they desperately don’t want to,” she added.
Sauers tome includes sexual fantasies and finds a liaison with another woman is the prevailing imaginary encounter for 57 per cent of the women surveyed. (ANI)
- Women share their thoughts on porn on first annual Ladyporn Day - Feb 25, 2011
- Women experience best sex as they approach 40 - Jul 07, 2010
- Women enjoy best sex at 40 - Jul 08, 2010
- Teen drinking linked to higher internet use - May 10, 2011
- Men likelier to commit faster than women: Survey - Feb 04, 2011
- Why is the trend of 'flexisexuality' catching up? - Feb 24, 2011
- Women facing gynaecologic surgery don't worry about sex - Apr 13, 2010
- Kim Cattrall finds hard to stay in shape - Feb 01, 2011
- Women in 40s have better sex lives - Oct 04, 2010
- Few women seek help for sexual issues following cancer treatment - Feb 15, 2011
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck says older women turn lesbians for lack of men - Jul 29, 2010
- Baby boomers unhappiest with their sex lives: Study - Nov 23, 2010
- Children of a lesser god... on Kolkata's streets - Dec 28, 2011
- Kim Cattrall loses cover shot over 'cougar' protest - May 19, 2010
- Average Aussie woman has 13 different sex partners in lifetime - Jul 02, 2008
Tags: anonymity, australian teenagers, australian women, best friends, changing face, gamut, guilt, home made sex tape, homemade sex, honesty, moral relativism, older women, online survey, orgasms, personal things, pros and cons, sauers, sex life, sexual fantasies, younger women