One held for China bomb hoaxSeptember 2nd, 2012 - 4:49 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Sep 2 (IANS) A 29-year-old man has been detained in China for a hoax bomb warning that forced the diversion of a domestic flight, Xinhua reported.
Xiong Yi, a resident of Shiyan city in Hubei province, was taken by plane to provincial capital Wuhan, police said.
“I was wrong, and I feel regret,” the man said after arriving at the Wuhan airport.
Xiong was caught Saturday in a hotel in Dongguan in the southern province of Guangdong.
The man made an anonymous phone call to an airport in Shenzhen in Guangdong Thursday, claiming that explosives had been planted on Shenzhen Airlines Flight ZH9706 bound for Shenzhen from Xiangyang in Hubei. The plane was in mid-air at the time of the call.
He claimed the explosives would be detonated 45 minutes after take-off.
The plane was forced to make an emergency landing in Wuhan. Police checked the aircraft but found no dangerous items.
A similar incident took place last week, when an Air China flight from Beijing to New York returned to the Chinese capital after a threatening message was received. Nothing was found in the plane, which departed for New York a few hours later.
- Five Chinese women deplaned after midair brawl - Jul 03, 2012
- 13 die in China rainstorm - Aug 07, 2012
- China tests first homemade amphibious plane - Aug 06, 2010
- Three Chinese hurt as balloon explodes - Oct 11, 2011
- Chinese nurses donate $15,700 reward for bombing victims - Dec 20, 2011
- 19 die in China lift crash - Sep 13, 2012
- Chinese female astronaut candidate was a hero pilot - Jun 11, 2012
- Chinese man dies of bird flu - Dec 31, 2011
- Two killed, 10 injured in China bank blast (Lead) - Dec 01, 2011
- Inspired by action movie, Chinese man bombs bank van - Dec 19, 2011
- Man held for bomb hoax in China - May 01, 2012
- Rich Chinese woman seeks love on the street - Aug 22, 2012
- Chinese man attacks train passengers, one killed - Sep 12, 2010
- Thunderstorm grounds over 100 flights in China - Apr 28, 2012
- Couple delays flight in China for 2 hours with onboard fight! - Nov 11, 2009
Tags: air china, airlines flight, anonymous phone call, beijing, bomb hoax, chinese capital, diversion, domestic flight, dongguan, emergency landing, explosives, guangdong, old man, provincial capital, shenzhen airlines, southern province, xiangyang, xinhua