Officers who killed Moscow Metro blasts’ suspect to be rewardedAugust 22nd, 2010 - 7:41 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Aug 22 (IANS/RIA Novosti) The security officers who Saturday killed the mastermind behind the Moscow Metro suicide bombings in March will be rewarded, a top Russian official said Sunday.
Magomedsalam Magomedov, president of Russia’s North Caucasus Republic of Dagestan, said the officers who killed Magomedali Vagabov along with four other militants in a special security operation in Gunib Saturday will be honoured for their services.
“On behalf of the republic’s leadership, we have made a decision to remunerate them financially,” Magomedov said.
Vagabov was the husband of Mariam Sharipova, one of the two suicide bombers who attacked the Moscow Metro March 29.
Sharipova and another bomber, Dzhennet Abdurakhmanova, blew themselves up at the Lubyanka and the Park Kultury Metro stations during the morning rush hour, killing 40 people and injuring 100 others.
Vagabov was a close associate of Chechen militant leader Doku Umarov, who later claimed responsibility for the bombings.
- Militant behind Moscow metro blasts killed - Aug 21, 2010
- Russian journalist charged with creating armed group - Apr 28, 2012
- Woman linked to Moscow twin blasts detained - Apr 18, 2010
- US sends police officer to get data on Moscow blast - Jan 26, 2011
- Two persons killed in Russian car bomb blast - Apr 01, 2010
- Russian investigators warn of further terrorist attacks - Mar 31, 2010
- Woman suicide bomber held in Russia - Feb 05, 2012
- Putin unaffected by assassination plot - Feb 28, 2012
- Suspected bomber behind Moscow airport blast identified - Feb 03, 2011
- Policeman killed in Russia bombing - Aug 02, 2012
- Three militants killed in Dagestan - Jun 11, 2011
- 'Black widows' suspected in Moscow twin blasts - Mar 30, 2010
- Ukraine to extradite Putin murder plotter - Aug 15, 2012
- Don't delay fight against terror: Medvedev - Apr 24, 2010
- Woman trained as suicide bomber killed in Russia - Jul 24, 2011
Tags: blasts, lubyanka, mariam, mastermind, metro stations, militant leader, militants, morning rush hour, moscow metro, north caucasus, president of russia, ria novosti, russian official, security officers, security operation, sharipova, special security, suicide bombers, suicide bombings, vm