Octomom dismisses child neglect allegationsMay 1st, 2009 - 4:40 pm ICT by ANI
New York, May 1 (ANI): Mother of octuplets, Nadya Suleman, has snubbed allegations of child neglect amid reports that police and child welfare officials recently visited her house.
Cops had paid a visit to the octomom following a request from child welfare officials, who were informed by a teacher that her 4-year-old autistic son Aidan had arrived at school with a black eye and a bite mark on his back.
The teacher had turned to authorities after Nadya, who became a history making mum in January after giving birth to eight babies, adding to her previous brood of 6, failed to reply to a note inquiring about the injuries.
The single, unemployed mum-of-14 said it was Aidan’s younger brother, who was to blame for the mark.
“He has a bite mark on his back, from this guy,” the New York Daily News quoted Nadya, pointing to one of her 2-year-old twins, as telling RadarOnline.
And she held Aidan’s “meltdowns” responsible for his black eye after he hit his face on a desk, saying: “He has meltdowns. It’s normal to have meltdowns. He throws himself down.”
Speaking about the welfare officials, she continued: “They just wanted to check the kids. Oh, they said that they’re shocked at how everything is so organized. And that we’re doing a good job.”
La Habra police spokeswoman Cindy Knapp confirmed that the visit was made to Nadya’s house.
Her lawyer Jeff Czech said: “When people go into that house, they’re expecting kids swinging from the rafters. But it’s an organized house. Those eight babies, for starters, are very good babies.
“There are one or two nannies taking care of the big kids. And the babies have a couple nannies, too. Some people are mandated to report, and Nadya understands that. She’s not worried about it.” (ANI)
- Octuplets celebrate 1st birthday - Jan 26, 2010
- Living next door to Octomom Nadya Suleman is a nightmare: Neighbours - Jan 24, 2011
- Octomom could lose her house because of foreclosure - Mar 20, 2010
- Octomom Of America, Nadya Suleman, Voices To Oprah Winfrey That She Was A Baby Addict - Jan 17, 2011
- Octomom Nadya Suleman to sell bikini, bra to feed her 14 kids - Sep 26, 2010
- Octomom Faces Foreclosure: She and 14 Kids May Lose Home - Mar 20, 2010
- Nadya Suleman To Do A Porn Movie? - Sep 19, 2010
- Octomom shows off new bikini bod in photo shoot - Jan 21, 2010
- Octomom Nadya Suleman makes her horror movie debut - Oct 19, 2011
- Octomom - Nadya Suleman to appear on Oprah Winfrey's show - Apr 15, 2010
- Nadya Suleman Exists With Guilt Every Day - Apr 21, 2010
- Octomom Nadya Suleman's docu mirrors frantic world - Aug 21, 2009
- Baby Addict "Octomom" Seeks Financial Solution In "Oprah Winfrey Show" - Jan 17, 2011
- Octomom Nadya Suleman refuses porn offer - Sep 21, 2010
- Broke Octomom refuses $500K porn offer - Sep 21, 2010
Tags: aidan, allegations, autistic son, black eye, brood, child neglect, child welfare, giving birth, good job, la habra, may 1, nannies, new york daily news, police spokeswoman, radaronline, rafters, starters, suleman, welfare officials, york daily news