Oberoi to expand Trident Hotel brand overseasMarch 31st, 2008 - 9:24 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, March 31 (IANS) The Oberoi Group will re-brand its Trident Hilton chain of boutique hotels as Trident hotels and expand the brand in India and abroad, said chairman P.R.S. Oberoi here Monday. The group’s existing Trident Hilton hotels located in Mumbai, Gurgaon, Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur, Kochi, Bhubaneswar and Chennai will be re-christened as Trident Hotels from Tuesday.
The re-branding comes after the Oberoi Group terminated its association with Hilton International last September.
The 436-room Trident Hotel at Mumbai’s new suburban commercial zone, the Bandra-Kurla Complex, will be thrown open by end-2008.
The group also plans to construct similar hotels in Chandigarh, Bangalore and Hyderabad during this year.
Apart from domestic extension, it also plans to expand the Trident Hotel brand in the Middle East, Thailand and China.
“We are exploring opportunities on extending the Trident brand overseas,” Oberoi said. The group already has hotels under this brand in the Middle East.
The existing Trident hotels, where room rates are about 40-50 percent lower than in the Oberoi-branded hotels, are either owned or managed by the Oberoi Group’s listed companies, East India Hotels (EIH) Ltd. and EIH Associated Hotels Ltd.
- Oberoi Group denies reports on P.R.S Oberoi's successor - Apr 12, 2011
- 'Asset-heavy' EIH to focus more on managing hotels - Aug 07, 2012
- Oberoi Group opens hotel in Gurgaon - Apr 12, 2011
- East India Hotels plans tie-up with RIL - Aug 10, 2011
- No plans of sell stake: EIH Chairman - Jul 09, 2010
- EIH to rethink Kabini project in Karnataka - Aug 08, 2012
- EIH sees traction in revenues, apprehends pressure on margins - Aug 24, 2010
- RIL acquires 14.12 percent in East India Hotels - Aug 30, 2010
- EIH posts 90 percent hike in net profit - May 29, 2012
- East India Hotels plans Rs.250 crore investment (Lead, Changing dateline) - Aug 20, 2009
- Oberois to raise stake in EIH; firm plans Rs.1.5 bn investment (Lead) - Aug 24, 2010
- East India Hotels eyes Gulf for expansion - Aug 20, 2009
- Oberoi group to open another Trident hotel in Mumbai - Nov 10, 2009
- ‘Trident Hilton Hotels’ in India rebranded ‘Trident Hotels’ - Aug 08, 2008
- Three Oberoi hotels ranked 5th, 8th, 14th in world - Jul 08, 2011
Tags: agra, bandra kurla complex, bangalore, bhubaneswar, boutique hotels, china, commercial zone, east india, east thailand, eih ltd, hilton chain, hilton hotels, hilton international, hotel brand, hyderabad, last september, middle east, oberoi group, trident hilton, trident hotel