Obamas surprised by remarks against BeyonceFebruary 7th, 2009 - 1:42 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Feb 7 (IANS) US President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle were surprised by legendary singer Etta James’ threats to beat up Beyonce Knowles for performing at the inaugural ball Jan 20.According to tmz.com, the first couple was apparently “stunned” after James said she would beat up Beyonce for performing James’ song “At Last” during the inaugural ball.
A source said: “It never crossed anyone’s mind that there was anything inappropriate about Beyonce singing that song. Worse yet, I’m sure some of the younger people involved didn’t even know she is alive!”
However, James now claims she was kidding and didn’t mean anything negative by those comments.
James said she felt left out of the inauguration celebrations as she wasn’t asked to perform “her song”. She also said she thinks she could have sung it better.
- Singer Etta James passes away - Jan 21, 2012
- Beyonce launches House Of Dereon in Britain - Sep 20, 2011
- Beyonce says she was crying like a 5-year-old at Obama's inaugural ball - May 07, 2009
- I love Gaga, she's most talented: Beyonce - Jul 27, 2011
- Shabana handpicks dad's songs for compilation - Jan 14, 2012
- Kanye West says sorry to Taylor Swift on Twitter - Sep 05, 2010
- Morgan mistakes a drag queen for Houston - Jul 17, 2012
- Recording live after 30 years was fantastic: Asha Bhosle (Interview) - Nov 27, 2010
- Singer Etta James dies - Jan 21, 2012
- Etta James says she was kidding about disliking Beyonce, Obama - Feb 06, 2009
- Beyonce Knowles & Jay-Z change their names - Dec 25, 2009
- Beyonce will no longer be managed by her father - Mar 29, 2011
- Beyonce was petrified performing before idol Etta James - Apr 13, 2009
- Michelle Obama wishes she was Beyonce - May 26, 2012
- Knowles inspires Ora - Aug 13, 2012