Obama’s spy-proof blackberry can be breached, says worlds most famous hackerFebruary 14th, 2009 - 1:29 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, February 14 (ANI): While U.S. President Barack Obamas blackberry has been claimed to be a spy-proof device, the world’’s most famous hacker Kevin Mitnick says that it can still be breached.
He said that Obama’’s super-secure BlackBerry only makes cracking into it more challenging, but it can still be done.
“It’’s a long shot, but it’’s possible. You”d probably need to be pretty sophisticated, but there’’s people out there who are,” Fox News quoted Mitnick as saying.
Mitnick served nearly five years in prison after pleading guilty to charges of wire and computer fraud for hacking into computer systems at some of the country’’s largest cell-phone and computer companies during the 1990s, and he presently heads Mitnick Security Consulting.
“If I was the attacker, I would look to Obama’’s close circle of friends, family and associates and try to compromise their machines at home. The objective would be to get Obama’’s e-mail address on the BlackBerry,” Mitnick said.
He said that hackers might target a person with access to Obama because their networks would be much less secure than those used by the commander-in-chief.
Mitnick added that upon being armed with Obama’’s coveted e-mail address, any hacker might send an e-mail to Obama in an attempt to lure him to a Web site that had previously been breached in order to transfer “malicious code”.
He, however, warned any potential hacker to consider the consequences before acting.
“The government would go after them full force,” he said.
Obama administration officials declined to comment on the issue. (ANI)
- Government wants to monitor Facebook, Twitter accounts - Aug 14, 2011
- RIM offers solution on lawful access to messenger services - Jan 13, 2011
- BlackBerry tablet called 'half baked' product - Apr 15, 2011
- BrickBreaker is the reason behind Obamas BlackBerry addiction! - Feb 21, 2009
- India is wasting its time chasing BlackBerry (Comment) - Aug 09, 2010
- BlackBerry says it won't compromise on security and priavacy - Aug 03, 2010
- 'Security agencies unable to decrypt intercepted communications' - Aug 17, 2011
- Can't provide access to corporate emails: BlackBerry maker - Jan 27, 2011
- Jaipur IT firm to help BlackBerry users stay connected - Oct 10, 2010
- Barack Obama has yet to get his spy-proof BlackBerry - Apr 25, 2009
- BSNL launches Bharat Berry push e-mail service - Nov 14, 2011
- Can Jaipur's 'Bharat Berry' to counter Canada's BlackBerry? - Jan 04, 2011
- UAE clears use of BlackBerry even as India continues to stall - Apr 17, 2011
- BlackBerry dispute leaves Indian users confused - Aug 16, 2010
- US may allow FBI to tap e-mails, websites - Sep 28, 2010
Tags: 1990s, administration officials, attacker, blackberry, cell phone, computer companies, computer fraud, computer systems, consequences, e mail address, famous hacker, february 14, fox news, friends family, full force, hacker kevin mitnick, hackers, malicious code, obama, spy proof