Obamas Indian American chief information officer Kundra reinstatedMarch 18th, 2009 - 12:37 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar.18 (ANI): President Barack Obamas Indian American chief information officer Vivek Kundra, who was on leave because of an FBI investigation, has been reinstated.
White House officials confirmed to The New York Times that Kundra was reinstated on Tuesday.
The reinstatement comes a few days after F.B.I. agents had raided his former office at the District of Columbias technology department. Kundra was not a target of the raid. A former employee of his, Yusuf Acar, has been charged with bribery.
The F.B.I. said Kundra was not implicated in the bribery case, but he took a leave from his new federal job anyway.
The reinstatement comes as word was swirling around the Internet about an arrest of Kundra when he was 21 for a theft involving something of less than 300 dollars in value. Asked if Kundra had revealed the arrest during the White House vetting process, officials said they would not discuss the process but pointed out that the reinstatement should speak for itself.
It seems that Virginias Governor Tim Kaine, who is also chairman of the Democratic National Committee, had pleaded Kundras case to the White House to get him reinstated.
After the FBI raid on Kundras old office, the White House wanted to distance itself from him and placed him on leave.
Kundra felt his reputation had come under a cloud, and over the last few days, as his friends began to rally support for him, he called Governor Kaine, for whom he once worked.
It is not clear who Governor Kaine spoke with. (ANI)
- Obama's Indian American info czar back at job - Mar 18, 2009
- Obamas Indian American information czar goes on leave till end of FBI probe - Mar 13, 2009
- Obama's Indian-American info czar goes on leave amid FBI probe - Mar 13, 2009
- Obama wants two-year extension for FBI chief - May 13, 2011
- Aneesh Chopra, Obama's Indian American IT head, quits - Jan 28, 2012
- Indian-American White House tech guru leaving - Jun 17, 2011
- Indian-American IT contractor gets jail in bribery scandal - Aug 10, 2010
- Obama's former Indian-American aide to join politics - Jul 19, 2012
- Boss, our IT is 'horrible', Indian American IT guy to Obama - Apr 20, 2011
- Bin Laden died before US raid: Iranian intelligence minister - May 10, 2011
- BJP, new Karnataka CM Shettar face tense days (News Analysis) - Jul 17, 2012
- Governor regrets BJP taking tainted people in Karnataka ministry - Jul 13, 2012
- Will get justice from CBI probe, says Yeddyurappa - May 11, 2012
- Karnataka BJP crisis heads for flashpoint - Mar 11, 2012
- Top Punjab government functionary arrested for graft (Second Lead) - May 05, 2011
Tags: acar, bribery case, chairman of the democratic national committee, chief information officer, columbias, democratic national committee, fbi, fbi investigation, fbi raid, federal job, few days, governor kaine, governor tim kaine, kundra, new york times, reinstatement, target, technology department, tim kaine, white house