Obamas host their first formal White House dinnerFebruary 24th, 2009 - 3:30 pm ICT by ANI
Chicago, February 24 (ANI): U.S. President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle hosted their first formal White House dinner on Sunday night.
According to reports, the glittery black-tie evening for the Governors was organised in the State Dining Room.
“Even Axelrod has cleaned up pretty well,” the Chicago Sun-Times quoted Obama as saying, referring to senior adviser David Axelrod.
The report further revealed that 130 guests dined on Chesapeake crab, Wagyu beef, a winter citrus salad and an Obama family White House favorite, huckleberry cobbler.
Obama was in a tuxedo with a black bow tie, while Michelle was seen clad in a silvery plum beaded gown. (ANI)
- After royal wedding, Will-Kat partied till early hours (Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Obamas preparing to host first black-tie White House dinner - Feb 21, 2009
- President Barack Obama Hosts Gala State Dinner For Chinese President Hu Jintao - Jan 20, 2011
- Obamas' host glittering gala with their distinctive touch - Nov 25, 2009
- Michelle Obama enjoys her day out at White House State banquet - Nov 25, 2009
- Michelle Obama sends stocks, sweet potatoes soaring - in style (Profile) - Nov 04, 2010
- Obamas become honorary chairs of Washington DC theatre - Aug 07, 2010
- Sleeveless dress to be Michelle Obamas signature style during White House stint - Feb 28, 2009
- Style quotient at Oscars - hits and misses - Feb 28, 2011
- Michelle Obama to take 'Let's Move!' anti-obesity drive global - Feb 09, 2011
- Kim Kardashian wedding pics show her dressed in Vera Wang gown - Aug 22, 2011
- Obama to host Cameron at White House in March - Feb 04, 2012
- Abhi-Ash, Malaika dazzle on Oscar red carpet - Feb 28, 2011
- Michelle Obama blasted over black designer wear snub - Jan 27, 2009
- Glamorous days 'over' for Tiger Woods' porn star mistress - Nov 19, 2010