Obamas’ condole death of Edward KennedyAugust 26th, 2009 - 7:51 pm ICT by ANI
Martha’s Vineyard (Virgina, US), Aug.26 (ANI): US President Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, on Wednesday condoled the death of former Massachusetts Senator Edward Kennedy.
Kennedy, the family patriarch, died of complications arising out of brain cancer at his Hyannis Port home on Tuesday. He was 77.
In his statement, Obama said: ” Michelle and I were heartbroken to learn this morning of the death of our dear friend, Senator Ted Kennedy.
For five decades, virtually every major piece of legislation to advance the civil rights, health and economic well being of the American people bore his name and resulted from his efforts.
I valued his wise counsel in the Senate, where, regardless of the swirl of events, he always had time for a new colleague. I cherished his confidence and momentous support in my race for the Presidency. And even as he waged a valiant struggle with a mortal illness, I’ve profited as President from his encouragement and wisdom.
An important chapter in our history has come to an end. Our country has lost a great leader, who picked up the torch of his fallen brothers and became the greatest United States Senator of our time.
And the Kennedy family has lost their patriarch, a tower of strength and support through good times and bad.
Our hearts and prayers go out to them today–to his wonderful wife, Vicki, his children Ted Jr., Patrick and Kara, his grandchildren and his extended family. (ANI)
- Statement from President Obama regarding the death of Sen. Ed Kennedy - Aug 26, 2009
- Obama mourns Kennedy's demise - Aug 27, 2009
- Kennedy's death brings end to historic chapter: Obama - Aug 26, 2009
- Vicki Kennedy involved in a family dispute - Aug 06, 2012
- Senator Edward Kennedy's death ends `historic' US chapter (Roundup) - Aug 26, 2009
- Obama family to begin their 6th holiday of the year - Aug 19, 2010
- Ted Kennedy dies of brain cancer aged 77 (Part-I) - Aug 26, 2009
- Ted Kennedy dies of brain cancer aged 77 (Part-II) - Aug 26, 2009
- Edward Kennedy, liberal lion, scion of American royalty (Obituary) - Aug 26, 2009
- Americans lost a great patriot: Speaker - Aug 26, 2009
- Kennedy eulogised at final farewell - Aug 30, 2009
- Obama may cut his Martha's Vineyard holiday short - Aug 28, 2009
- Senator Kennedy's death ends `historic' US chapter (Second Lead) - Aug 26, 2009
- Edward "Ted" Kennedy: The US Senator Dies At 77 - Aug 26, 2009
- Obama may be surprise guest at Chelsea Clinton's Martha's Vineyard wedding - Aug 22, 2009
Tags: barack obama, brain cancer, dear friend, edward kennedy, family patriarch, grandchildren, hyannis port, kennedy family, race for the presidency, rights health, senator edward kennedy, senator ted kennedy, ted kennedy, tower of strength, united states senator, valiant struggle, virgina, wife michelle, wife vicki, wise counsel